• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most of my work relies on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the DV option. I hate having to use Final cut to then transfer to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible, capturing DV is the sole reason I used premiere pro before. How can you drop it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hated to do it. But have to use Final Cut for some of my editing instead of Adobe, since they can not figure out how to make DV capture work on there platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my two cents here...I went to ingest tapes yesterday and found the capability was gone.   This is a disaster for my operation.  It literally feels like someone entered our offices in the middle of the night and stole irreplaceable equipment.  This capability is like Microsoft's notepad..."legacy" but should be kept alive because everyone needs it at one point or another.   Adobe's announcement reads like a dictate rather than reasoned opinion:   https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/kb/retiring-tape-based-workflows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From their explanation: (removing dv capture) "...which have advantages for media asset management, cloud workflows, and generally streamlining production.".

There is absolutly no "advantage" to eliminating a feature all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just use a cheap Blackmagic capture card which seems to work fine. Comp/Dv etc... Been using it for years with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate