• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 141 Replies 141
141 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to go ahead and add my vote and voice here. This is really needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolute BULL****! You mean, I'm paying an extortion fee to RENT their software instead of being able to own it and PP doesn't have the BASIC, ELEMENTARY functionality of reordering TRACKS! I remember 20 years ago I was editing with Sony Vegas, Final Cut Pro and even iMovie and you could do that way back then. ADOBE! Are you listening to the people you willfully extort with your subsCraption fees??! Truly UN-BELIEVE-ABLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only been using premiere for about 3 months after coming from Vegas Pro, and not having this in the software from day 1 is surprising enough, not having implemented it by now is ridiculous. Vegas may be less powerful in many ways but it's User Interface was easier for quick work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoting this. Truly a fundamental feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this still not been added? I saw a thread from 2009 asking for the same feature and cannot believe this is still not been added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG Adobe. I've just started using PP again after a 5 year break and only because I have a subscription for other products and FFS! It is still like smashing your head against a brick wall. Every feature is so clunky and basic features completely missing. I just want to click and drag a track up or down. It can be done in every other NLE and DAW program for the last 20 years. Why do we even have to google simple things like this for PP?
Also, still no setting for the playhead to simply return to where it started after stopping. No simple LUT viewer. No simple Lumetri HSL colour sliders. I think it's time to learn Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely insane to me that you can't just move a track and reorder them, what the heck? It should take 2 seconds to do that. That's like the simplest functionality I would expect from a video editing application. Why must everything in Premiere be so convoluted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a very useful feature. For example - I have narration on one track, interviews on another, then sfx, then music - but then I ant to change the order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature that is not worth having until the day you realized how it is the perfect solution to your problem. When tracks have names; when audio tracks have a specific set of effects applied. Moving the clips and the recreating the individual track scenarios is a real pain. Re-ordering the tracks would be so easy. So I am all for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly one of those reasons I'm so sick of Adobe. Are they even working with their own software!? Every day you find something new frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please, adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+10000 come on Adobe. This is a super basic feature.

If you want to see a program that does this feature with precision -- VEGAS PRO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shocked that you can't do this. Please fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im moving to resolve if this doesn't get fixed. Last straw adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow us to rearrange video and audio please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to have this option. Screenshot attached is from davinci resolve. Some times at the trunover stages audio, even needes some rearrangement. Yes you can create new track at prefred location and move clips to that. But the process is not easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe :cherry_blossom: you added copyable audio effects, now this would be a great next step 👍.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of editing, I just decided I need a color matte behind some .jpg images. Premiere will add a new track above the existing tracks. But if I apply the color matte to the new track, it will overlay everything below. So I need to move the new track below the track with the images. It would be nice to be able to do that by dragging tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniel - it's not about rearranging clips - it's about rearranging tracks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upvoting this request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was stated before - not having this in the software from day 1 is surprising enough, not having implemented it by now is RIDICULOUS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we still asking this question in 2021? Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like with after effects or about any other Adobe program, I'd also like to be able to drag a track (i.e., Layer), including the clips therein, up or down to a different position to organize or to even temporarily aid in a task. Jennifer is right, folks, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate