• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 141 Replies 141
141 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been yelling about this for over three years now. And over those years have started doing more and more projects in Resolve. As of 2021 I no longer recommend Premiere to my students, because of Adobe's inability to properly document its software or address basic functional features like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A MUST!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating only begins to describe the effect of the lack of this feature. The break between Video and Audio tracks also needs to be optional. In general, visualization and layout are very personal to the workflow of not only every editor but every project. Lack of customization in the timeline seems rigid and this, with what appears to be a lack of a valid reason for this rigid, non—user-responsive approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?
Premiere guys, just walk to the next room and borrow this feature from After Effects! Such a pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s unbelievable that we have to ask for this feature. About to leave and go to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was requested in 2018, so far in 2021 this feature isn't implemented yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere newbie here, looking for the "how to" on rearranging the track stacking order. Can't????? You're not serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed by going to DaVinci... worked pretty well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried switching to Resolve too - great solution 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely basic feature and I'm genuinely astounded that this isn't possible. It's literally a layer re-ordering feature which is standard in most Adobe packages. Unbelievable amount of headache to have to work around this. Extremely poor, and even worse is how long ago this was originally posted as a request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine paying Adobe $53 per month and still waiting on some basic-*** request like this to get fixed. Moving my business to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really something you would expect to be a feature from the very start, it's not a complicated action in the slightest and would get a lot of use, and apparently other video editing programs already have it....
So?? Where is it Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PLEASE. It's insane that this doesn't already exist!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Prem Pro for around 7 years and presumed there was a quick way to reorder tracks and I'd just forgotten it.

This is what frustrates me sometimes about Adobe - they're too concerned with adding new bells and whistles to apps when in reality most users would prefer them absolutely nailing the basics that we'd use day in day out i.e. reordering tracks in PP or spellcheck in After Effects etc.

I will say though, the auto-captioning function that's recently come to PP is a brilliant timesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe. This feature isn't a "maybe would be cool". We're asking you to give us a spoon instead of a fork to eat our soup. And you advertise Premiere with "tools that just make sense". So please do something for your money and use some common sense. Imagine having a browser, and you can't move your tabs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Robert Hörold and to everyone else willing to call Adobe - the biggest creative software publisher in the world - out here.

When I see the title of this request, for functionality as basic as reordering tracks, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Then I laugh, because I've been enjoying Resolve for the past year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stunned this is not possible. I was just now trying to add 5 FX tracks but they only get added to the top of the other tracks with no way to move them.

Wow, stunning and inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends, I think we all believe this would be a useful feature. Sounds like there’s lots of frustration about this missing feature, but I wonder if we can turn that into a productive energy by rallying the community to upvote this request so it reaches Adobe’s threshold to read and respond to it. Invite some friends to the party, leave more genuine feedback comments about how useful this would be, and let’s see if we can get a response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to add collapsible/twirl down tracks. That way you can group multiple tracks and collapse them. Would be especially helpful when you have tons of audio tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was convinced this was possible until I found this thread. Used to this all the time in Avid. A workaround is copying a sequence into a sequence and re-arranging the source tracks, but really... this is such a basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow this is still not possible after many years...

Im impressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping for 2022 release. Adobe... It's been 4 years. Please.
Using track effects or track based keyframing means that you simply can't just shift individual clips around to different tracks as a workaround. It would lose all the track effects and keyframing you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A SOLUTION

1. Install Davinci Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very important function and I'd like to request it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It is a waste of precious time to go without something so basic. I have used Premiere Pro for years, but have been editing video all the way back to Pinnacle Studio 1.0 / AVID Liquid.

Votes

Translate

Translate