• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vp09 Support

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be cool if Adobe could add vp09 support to Premiere Pro. Got more and more vp09 files in the last months and since the plugin is not longer working with the newest versions it would be very helpful!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble opening my video files in Adobe Premiere 2023 (build 23.6.2). I usually record videos on my cellphone, but suddenly Premiere stopped opening them. I tried converting them with Adobe Media Encoder, but encountered the same error message: "VP09 codec not supported." I also tried using VLC and other conversion apps but to no avail.

Unfortunately, my hardware is not compatible with the latest version of Premiere (v24.0.3), so I'm stuck with this problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Madson Ferrari

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShutterEncoder or Handbrake are both 'freeware' and should be able to handle this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to edit videos recorded on my cell phone until September 2023. Suddenly, Premiere can no longer open the files. And the solution on the help page is to use another third-party program to convert the files, which is quite unproductive. If you are going to use another program to convert, why not directly use another program to do the editing? Why does Adobe deliberately choose to alienate users with one of the most popular features for video capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are millions of daily users of Premiere. That's the overall user base, and the devs look at user needs across the entire group.

Which is why some of my color correction concerns are bluntly not gonna happen soon, because the vast majority of their user base probably wouldn't see my requests as a major priority. Which sucks to me, but then ... I'm one user, and clearly  a unique one.

Among one small subset of the total user base, this codec is huge. But we users do need to be able to see the reality of what sort of user base percentage 'we' are in on any one issue.

Every one of these apps ... Premiere, Resolve, and Avid, have holes for some users in codec support. Premiere can work with ProRes RAW, for instance. Which Resolve cannot.

Resolve's staffers, on the Resolve forums, don't normally respond to queries about this. But the few times they have, they've made it clear ... it's going to be a very, very cold day down below before that happens.

I do support, as always, adding codecs. But ... it's not necessarily because I'd ever use them, but beause I will support other users having more options.

And yet, I will be realistic about the chances of when. As I must for my many color requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate