• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Way to Make Keyframing "Position" on a Transform layer Faster

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make Clicking "Position" on a Transform layer and then clicking and dragging the video to move the clip, similar to when you click on "position" under motion properties.

Here's what I mean...

If you click on motion...

picture 1.png

You can now click and drag anywhere on the preview video to move the scale, rotation, and position properties. This is great for keyframing. However...

picture 2.png

If you add the transform effect (which essentially does the same thing), it doesn't allow you to do the same thing. A lot of the time, I add transform to get the motion blur effect when zooming and adjusting positioning.

picture 3.png

This is how it looks when you click on "transform", but it doesn't let you click and drag the preview...

picture 4.png

It looks the same as above when you click on "position" under the effect, too.

picture 5.png

I'm hoping that you guys can hopefully update this effect in the future so that you can click and drag to move the video, much like you can on the motion properties, itself. This will help speed up retention editing for YouTube a LOT. Having to manually adjust the position and scale moving the variables themselves can get very tedious and wastes valuable time that eventually does add up.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you highlight the transform effect, two point appear. One for position and one for Anchor point.

If you place your mouse over these points you can drag them around.

AnnBens_0-1670597159641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping out!

Yeah, I failed to mention that part... However, depending on how far scaled-in you are, you aren't able to select the position point, as it will go far off-screen. Yes, you could always adjust the window scale, but that wastes time. If it worked similarly to the motion properties, it would make editing a whole lot faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fully support and vote for improving the movement of Transform effect across the screen similar to the process of moving the properties of the clip effect. With dots, it is extremely inconvenient and not practical. "The last century and we live in the era of ancient customs." I've been suffering for a long time and forgot to mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate