• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline Media - Media Won't Relink

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently have been commissioned to color correct a video project. The video project was not shot or edited by me so the project was shared with me so I could color correct it. When I open the shared project all of the video clips are Offline, which, from reading other people's questions, seems to be relatively common, however, I am also not able to relink any of the video clips. I'm unsure if this is because the video clips are not my own? I was given what I thought to be the raw video footage that was used in the video, however, all of the Offline video clips are not any of the raw footage I was given.

I was curious as to whether this was a problem that I can fix or if I am missing crucial pieces of the project that I was not given.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Yes, you do need the media to relink to.  (I would think that's pretty obvious.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never specify why you can't relink.  What exactly happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Yes; sorry about that.

When I try to relink the offline media I am unable to due to the fact that I do not have the original .mov files on my computer. Since I can’t find the clips when prompted to, I can’t relink. Though I am not new to video editing, I am relatively new to Premiere so I have no had to deal with offline media before.

Do I have to have the original .mov clips on my computer in order to relink or do I have another option? If so, what would that be.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you do need the media to relink to.  (I would think that's pretty obvious.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines