• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrong pdf export

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project I have text with mixed bold and regular fonts. In the project it looks OK, however, when I export it as pdf, there is bold font also where I have just regular.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how Adobe Express export PDFs, there are plenty of different PDF types. But let's say for the sake of the discussion that the issue could be that: Do Express generate PDF with the fonts embedded or not.
When you generate a PDF with a software that lets you choose the kind of settings you want, you can tell the PDF to encapsultae all the fonts in case you want to share it with people who don't own those fonts. It means that they will not have to install those fonts manually in order to read the PDF properly.
It makes the PDFs heavier, obviously, but it's the simplest way to ensure full compatibility.
Other options include, not embedding anything, which relies on the other user to either have the fonts installed or for them to be replaced by similar ones at system level, or "rasterising" everything, meaning that the PDF is no longer editable, which most people wouldn't want (But sometimes necessary)

It is possible that in your case, PDFs are generated with a "no embeddeding" option. And that you also don't have the bold version of that font installed on your computer.

The thing is, the fix for this will depend on your subscription.
If you have a paid subscription for Adobe Express (or a full CC subscription) then that means you have access by default to all the fonts within the Adobe Fonts platform, and more likely the bold version of the font you're using.

You'll have to use the Adobe CC app to update the fonts you're using

Imaginerie_0-1697882723133.png

One way to be sure is to make a test using the fonts you know you have already installed in your computer: Say Arial and Arial bold, and see if you're able to read the PDF once exported.

One other way would be to go to the Adobe Express page, choose the "edit PDF" quick action

Imaginerie_1-1697882846975.png

and change the font on your already downloaded PDF.
You can also do that in any other software where you can "read" PDFs and edit them (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and others)

Can you tell me the font you uised and your subscription level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

• The font is embedded into the PDF but at some places it's not correct. When I edit the PDF the font at the wrong places it "-".
  • When I export the same as PNG, the font and style (regular, bold) is working as expected.

There seems to be a software bug with the PDF export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to test the problem a bit more. 

How to reproduce:

1. Create a new document.
  2. Add a text.
  3. Add bold and not bold text into the text.
  4. Export as PDF

MichaelCab_0-1698321058766.png

In the PDF (right side) you can see the font is not correctly bold. The PNG export is working.

My system is lastest chrome without any addons.

I contact adobe support about it. Looks like it's a issue with the PDF exporter in Adobe Express.

As a workaround you can use the to PDF converter: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/express/using/edit-document.html
(However this is only a embedded image into a PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a go as well, and it works with the font I used, that why I thought it was more a font issue than anything else, although , of course, I could be wrong.

Imaginerie_0-1698326902737.png

Font Poppins. It's synced from Adobe Fonts on my system (separately from Adobe Express)
Left is Adobe express in Edge, and right is the resulting PDF in Acrobat reader...

Not sure what the issue is to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happens with several different fonts? Even with - say - arial, or something very bog standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Imaginerie Thanks for trying it out. 

Probably I have to clarify my tutorial. You have to at least do "regular, bold, regular". The second regular results than in bold. 

And you are right, some fonts do work like Poppins for example. I could not find any default fonts in the font selection but for example Aileron doesn't work:

MichaelCab_0-1698332155815.png

I also contacted the support about the problem: They said it's a techinical problem and the software developers got the issue in their todo list. They will update a fix as soon as possible. And said as well that this can may take up some time. In the mean time the only way is to export a PNG and "convert" (put this PNG) into a PDF file using: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/express/using/edit-document.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I get it, sorry about that
Thanks for updating and talking to the people at Adobe, I can see there are some ironing out to do mostly for less used features (all that is to do with print, I found), and I myself found some bugs and posted on the forum so hopefully it will get sorted soon 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate