• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

After Effects V 23 exporting to an MP4 from AE not Media Encoder Error, Bug

0 Votes
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to export an MP4 out of AE: ( Even if the export is a flattened ProRes MOV as the source for exporting. - MOV still exports fine, and Media Encoder exports correctly.)

I tried to export a composition that was 4100px X 180px. (Square pixels 30 fps) When exporting an MOV, everything works correctly.  When trying to export as an MP4 format, the resulting MP4's dimension is altered to 4096px X 180px.  Anything 4096px and below seem to export as an MP4 correctly.

I then exported the same composition as an MOV - ProRes 422 and then imported the rendered MOV (Which was the correct dimension, 4100px X 180px) into the project and placed into a new Composition Settings from source: 4100px X 180px (Square pixels 30 fps).  When I exported that composition as an MP4 format (Not resizing or cropping, same as source dimensions/square pixels), the resulting MP4 was again 3096px X 180px Not the intended 4100px X 180px.

Dragging any of the Compositions mentioned above directly to Media Encoder and rendering as MP4 resulting in the correct 4100px X 180px.

Anyone have this issue?

Any know causes or fixes?

Thanks!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and export , Troubleshooting , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using H.264 compression, there is a set of standards for frame size that should be followed. Sometimes you can force the compressor to overlook these standards. It looks like you may have found a way to do so. The only hard and fast rule is that the frame size must be an even number of pixels high and wide. This is because the color is compressed in blocks of 4 pixels. 

The newly implemented H.264 MP4 rendering option is probably locked into standard frame sizes. The compression quality may suffer when you venture out of the standard frame size rules. You would have to run quality comparisons to see if the compression has a significant problem. That would explain the issue you are seeing. 

The other problem you face when venturing into non-standard frame sizes is the behavior of media players. Most of them are only capable of specific frame sizes. You end up with a letterbox or pillars in the playback. You didn't explain how the video would be displayed, so I can't make any recommendations there. If it is for custom signage, then the standards usually come from the playback device manufacturer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate