• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

0xc000007b error upon opening Adobe AE and Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a look at most if not all forum posts regarding this specific error and nothing has fixed the problem.

Both After Effects and Premiere Pro of any version (2019, 2017, etc.) can't open and present this errorerror0xc000007b.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Repairing all VC++ versions that I could had no luck. (2010-2017)

In the post by Michelle, none of those images in the instructions appear, so it's a bit hard to follow.

I can't find the temp folder the VC++ installer creates in C drive.

Alright, scratch that, I did something different.

I went into system32, deleted MSVCP100.DLL, and reinstalled it using the VC++ installer. It worked.

Not entirely sure how that was different to having it uninstalled via Programs and Features, but I'm not complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to say. You have not provided even the most basic bits of useful info such as actual system information, much less anything specific with regards to settings and configuration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sys Manufacturer: Acer

Sys Model: Predator G3-710

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

RAM: 16 GB

DirectX 12

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce BTX 1070 Ti

Let me know what else you'd need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 7b is STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT, which means that After Effects is trying to link to a shared DLL which is corrupt or the wrong version (e.g. 32-bit DLL on 64-bit Windows or vice-versa).

The most common culprit is the Microsoft C++ Redistributable library, which is a free download from the Microsoft website. Uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects might help if it's a library that the installer checks for, otherwise there are in-depth tests you can perform to see exactly which DLL is at fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled / repaired all versions of the Microsoft C++ Redistributable library and reinstalled after effects, none of which work sadly.

So, what are these 'in-depth tests'.

Thank you for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the free 'Dependency Walker' app from Microsoft's engineering toolkit to analyze what After Effects is trying to load as it starts up; that will usually reveal which file is triggering the error.

See https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2010/06/25/analyze-application-failures-the-easier-way-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, found a DLL that is x86, where would I find a x64 version of this DLL to replace it (is that how I'd go about fixing it?).x86uhoh.PNG

MSVCP100.DLL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file is part of Microsoft's Visual C++ 2010 library, which you can download from this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

(as with all Windows DLL files, only ever use the installer from Microsoft's website - there are truckloads of fake websites claiming to 'fix DLL errors' which just install viruses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and restarted computer, still presents same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Next step is to see if the Windows repair utility can find any issues; from Control Panel > Programs and Features, click each of the "Microsoft Visual C++...." entries in turn, and for each one that displays a "Change" option in the top toolbar, click it and select "Repair" in the popup window. The repair utility will verify if the files match the installation fingerprints. Note that the very old libraries (VC++ 2005 etc) don't have a Change option but After Effects isn't using those.

In rare cases the VC++ installer decides to completely ignore the x64 library. There is a manual workaround that involves halting the VC++ installer halfway through and copying the files from a temporary folder; see the reply here by Michelle.

Failing that, it's looking like a complete re-install. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repairing all VC++ versions that I could had no luck. (2010-2017)

In the post by Michelle, none of those images in the instructions appear, so it's a bit hard to follow.

I can't find the temp folder the VC++ installer creates in C drive.

Alright, scratch that, I did something different.

I went into system32, deleted MSVCP100.DLL, and reinstalled it using the VC++ installer. It worked.

Not entirely sure how that was different to having it uninstalled via Programs and Features, but I'm not complaining.

If someone could further explain maybe why this worked the way it has (for future reference / others with similar issue) that'd be great.

Will post here again if anything changes.

Thanks for the help Dave Merchant​. Would not have even known where to start without ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RustyIdiot  wrote

If someone could further explain maybe why this worked the way it has (for future reference / others with similar issue) that'd be great.

The one word answer is "Microsoft"   The VC/VC++ installers are notoriously strange, as I said earlier they can ignore certain parts of the installation package, and don't log any errors when they do. It might be that the DLL was loaded by something at the time, and the installer just decided to drive on by. The redistributables are used by a large number of apps (including some system-critical ones) so MS would probably say they are just being careful. A warning would be nice.

On the subject of errors, I wish Adobe would kill off the engineering bug codes and provide users with an actual message - after all, AE knows perfectly well which DLL is broken and where it came from. A popup that just refers to a number from a secret internal document is basically a middle finger to the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run into the same problem. I fixed this way:

1) I uninstalled all VC++ on my computer 

2) Then I install both  VC ++ 2012 and 2013 (x86 and x64 versions )

3) That is it. 🙂 

I don't know why the other versions didn't work for me but who caresWeChat Image_20200826234548.png, it is working now  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huf  finally you solved my issue  I just repaired my VC++ files and the issue got fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland25938709xbht_0-1701798963103.png

Lo he solucionado reparando todas y desinstalando las versiones 2008 - 2010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanna say thank you, Rusty. After a tiring search, this post solved it for me! I'm on a win7 64bit system. The problem started after both my windows and adobe CC app updated (Not sure which one is responsible for the culprit). Maybe that info can be useful to others. Thank you for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue in January of 2022, Windows 10 - 64bit, with premier pro.

For me, doesnt work any solution what I found but finally I fixed it. 

In this case need to reinstall the VC++ Runtime Libary in windows system but in other way.

When you make a Premier Pro clean install, the installation process will detect IF you don't have any VC++ package in the system and will install the correct package automatically.

So uninstall the all VC++ package and uninstall the Premier Pro (or other app what is showing similar error). After install again the Premier Pro.

The Premier Pro install process will install the correct VC++ Runtime Libary in the background automatically.

When I tried to remove and reinstall the VC++ package manually, I got same error.

But In this way the problem has been solved.

The solution is same if the error messages showing that MSVCP110.DLL or MSVCR110.DLL are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing is happening ithink it's time to say goodbye to adobe premiere pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines