• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D camera tracker keeps initializing....

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want to 3d track my footage using dynamic link with Premiere, Both version 2019!

I have encountered this issue for serval attemps, it keeps initializing for ever, and then AE says 'timed out obtaining dynamic link" is this a but that comes with version 2019? If so, how can i downgrade to older versions and still run my project?

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-22 om 11.04.52.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-10-22 om 11.05.07.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robinwaroquier,

Sorry for your issue! I understand that you are not able to use the 3D Camera Tracker as it stalls while initializing.

A few other people have reported this issue and we're investigating it.

Do you experience the same behavior in a standalone After Effects project (not using dynamic link from Premiere Pro)?

Try these steps:

• Quit all Adobe apps
  • Go to Finder, press Command+Shift+G, type ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects and click Go
  • Rename the 16.0 folder to OLD_16.0
  • Then launch After Effects and try again

Let us know if this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... I'm unable to 3D Camera Track any movie clip. Updated to 2019 and now this. Tried the renaming but didn't fix it. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same thing.

Running on a 27" 2011 iMac

i7 3,4GHZ, 16GB RAM, AMD 2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still the same issue ..... and it is may 2019 now .... what has been done by adobe to fix this , reported by so many users in different threads ?

either initializing forever, or "unable to aquire rendered frame "....asked so often.... never got any helpfull answer or solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by eliminating the obvious.  If the footage is shot on a phone, it almost certainly won't work.  Phones shoot at variable frame rates, which is very bad.  Either transcode the footage to a fixed frame rate or reshoot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Dave

sorry that I did not introduce myself.

im not a consumer playing around with mobiles and and playing with software for semis .

as all the other ones, complaining about this and other issues since more than a year now, we are using real cameras , in this case a 360 cam, we know what codec and framerate to use, in this case it is either prores 422HQ or DNxHR-Hq with 25p or 30p.

So ,transcoding unnecessary.

and as so many others in so many different threads , we are experiencing this issue since the software was broken with the release of the april 2018 edition.

...... I really apreciate any helpfull and valuable help.

What do you mean by  " reshoot it ! ????

Every clip from nearly every cam and shooting is affected......but works in ae14 till 15.0.1.

So : solution :

if adobe can't handle and fix it...... reshoot it .... I'll give this advice to our production managers and the management......

except Iphone 8-X every phone on the market is shooting with fixed framerate...only Iphones with selected HEVC codec retranscode to VFR for performance reasons.... samsung for example never does it .

...marked as helpfull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eliminating the obvious yes, eliminating after effects . it shouldn't matter if it was shot on a phone. it's 2024. CapCut can do it almost instantly. Doesn't work on any codec. When is Adobe going to utilize these worthless M chips is the question everyone is asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMEN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did yo dolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that your Ram allocation for other applications is an odd number. If you have 8 GB then 1 or 3 is assigned to other apps. Change that to 2 or 4 and the tracker will probably initialize. Adobe does not like odd numbers in the ram allocation. I have 8 to others and 12 for Adobe on my 16GB machine. The camera tracker always fails if I have anything but even numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me after a restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this issue and have had this issue for a while. The 3D camera tracker rarely works and just times out. I'm on OSX 10.15.7

I'm so tired of paying for products that don't fully work with zero explanation. I have a brand new computer, and 3D Tracking still doesn't work. I've wiped my laptop too, and there's nothing that won't make the initializing time out on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I just bought this brand new computer hoping that I finally would be able to finish the VFX for my new movie, but a simple camera track already blocks everything. I cannot get it to work. Either it keeps initializing forever, and if not that, it get's stuck somewhere at frame 6, 140, 160 or 180 of the 240 frames of the video clip. Tried this over and over, restarting etc, nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems with a specific shot we need to see the shot, know the format and frame rate, and you need to explain what you are trying to accomplish. Not all footage will camera track. Some formats are not suitable for camera tracking so they either need to be transcoded or pre-composed. There is NO native 3D tracking in After Effects. 3D tracking is a completely different animal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the frame rate in the sequence settings within Premiere is not matching the clips original frame rate causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to AE2022 still having this same problem, 3D camera Tracker initializing forever and "timed out obtaining dynamiclink server connection.". Any idea?

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.46.17 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

That was working with previous version of the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you finaly fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted my footage into ProRes422 use it as proxy restart my computer and it only works once, if trying analyse again, I needed to restart my computer again to make it work, which is super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i think i fixed it myself.

It works 100% when i save my project on a different hardrive (usb ssd) and set the disk cache on a partition of my main ssd hardrive.

Please try and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry not 100%... seems that when it fails 1 time then it never works again until i restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve the problem i have the same problem can't find a solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... still. Why is there STILL no solid answer when the original question was proposed in 2018!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was working with previous version of the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 2023 version of AE on M2 Pro.

- Same issue, just sits there initializing... doesn't crash, doesn't resolve. I've tried Prores as well. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines