Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Extractor problem - footage turns black

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to use the 3D Channel Extractor for the first time and when I put it on the file ithe footage turns black. I've tried to adjust the white point and black point but I'm getting nothing, The file is a rpf seq from cinema 4d. I was following a tutorial and that is what it used. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

It looks like you have not added the Depth Pass into the Cinema 4D render settings. Also, in the Multipass Image section you must setup a valid format for 3D data extraction in After Effects, so you must select OpenEXR or RPF fie format for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not offering enough info. What channel are you even trying to extract? What are your multipass settings in C4D? What render settings? What system? What else? You need to be a lot more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to extract Z- depth, I first tried it without a multipass then tried it with add all. I'm using a I Mac pro. Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 2.25.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-19 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have not added the Depth Pass into the Cinema 4D render settings. Also, in the Multipass Image section you must setup a valid format for 3D data extraction in After Effects, so you must select OpenEXR or RPF fie format for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Jose said - you haven't even set up your multipass output correctly. None of this stuff is automatic in C4D. everything needs to be added explicitly manually. It might be a good idea to read the help manual.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, I got it working. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines