• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC Error (86::1)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to relink an AE CC 2017 project with photos and footage that had been moved.

I do the replace command and navigate to the missing file. When I click ok I get (86::1) which is After Effects error: Unsupported video bit depth in source file. 

This project worked fine last November. No issues what so ever, now when I try and relink, it's not working

Anyone have an answer?

much appreciated

jack

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Sorry about that, JackB. Can you file a case here? Contact Customer Care

Thank,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Just went through this. The files have incorrect permissions which can only be remedied AFAIK by copying each file to desktop and replacing. Then you can move the files off desktop into a new folder and replace in AE again. You can't move a folder of assets to desktop, just one file at a time. Time consuming but works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with AE 2018 (15.0.1).

We can not import h.264 camera files with .mov container in ADOBE After Effects AE 2018 (15.0.1)

or in projects where the same files were working when launching the AE 2018 project.

We hope that the ADOBE error,

very fast / short term, fixes!

They get a lot of money from there customers

so they must work fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem here and the images that I was trying to import were in CMYK. I changed to RGB and it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

29512725_1689004137809577_5346298377991700484_n.jpg

In my case the actual problem was a .gif , all other files were good , The same .gif was working fine the previous day and gave me a headache the next day. the same gif was not letting me link the other files also , and everytime i tried to link the files it showed me the same error because the gif was also there in that footage folder...so in case you get any error like this ... seperately try to import all the files.. all the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hardy,

our problem where, that we have a motion grafik projekt with this h.264 files.

But some days later, perhaps with a litle ADOBE update,

we become after the projekt is opening the 86::1 error.

Greetings

C.Waldorf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, after yesterday i'm update After effect and Premiere apps

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 06.44.01.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-05 at 07.21.01.png

*Update

uninstall or delete all After effect 2018 and Premiere Pro 2018 apps folder that has been update

and re-install again.. You can download the apps from here:

All the New Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i updated PR and AE yesterday and same problem today.

I reinstalled AE, problem solved in AE, but I open the PR project which linked to that AE project, problem came again. 

and i tryed to delete all the cache files of PR and AE

and problem fixed, damn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue, trying to upgrade a project from 13.8 to 2018.

The assets need to be relinked, but are not relinking with an error of 86::1.

"Unsupported video bit depth in source file."
When deleting a lot of assets except for a single one, After Effects crashes, Ive sent in a crash report.

I tried reinstalling AE 2017, that didnt help.

I tried reinstalling AE 2015, and this did work...

Still, this seems like a bug, and should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue too. I can't open my best AE templates which includes AIFF and Alpha mov files after lastest AE update. Installing previous AE versions is the only solution for now. But this is big shame for Adobe's professional video editing side. I'm waiting for Adobe's urgent fix update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JackB,

This could be related to the following: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Try transcoding footage in an earlier version of our software. Does it work now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a middle of a project , I'm getting  (86::1) after a restart. There are 72 mov files in the footage from the same camera and only having issue with 4files. 3 of them reloads and only one is unable to relink. It was working for the last 10 days and now is not.

Same issue with 4 animation photoshop layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's just a few, try putting the files on the desktop and replacing from there. Then move to a media folder on a drive. Otherwise, it might but some other form of corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  schrieb

Hi JackB,

This could be related to the following: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Try transcoding footage in an earlier version of our software. Does it work now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kenvin,

your Link goes to a side where is a link to

MediaReactor Lite for Adobe.

Does ADOBE mean

the ADOBE customers

now in addition

MediaReactor

or

http://www.drastic.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:mediareactorworkstation&catid=...

need to buy in order to solve the problems of QT7?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link that was intended was here: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Hope that clears things up.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I tried transcoding psds, jpegs, gifs into all sorts of valid formats. It doesn't work so QT7 isn't likely the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  schrieb

Hi,

The link that was intended was here: Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Hope that clears things up.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

that means, we need mediareactor on our workstation to compensate QT7?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue in photoshop and now in after effects.

Open the image and duplicate it, then save the duplicated one to new location. it's worked for me.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just had the same problem with a jpeg. Here's how I fixed it... Instead of just doing a "save as" I used "export" "save for web" as a jpeg and everything worked fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here but only with "adobe dynamic link"

try to import a character animator scene.

It's work with mp4 for example, but then I lost avantages of the dynamic link...

try to save the project on desktop but still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...i was running AE in 15.2 version but now It works with the 16 .0 version of AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I after days of searching --- this thread solved it for me.  I changed my mother board and After effects refused to import perfectly good files it used.

It was permissions.  Once I realised this the fix was easy in Windows

Apply Permission (security tab in properties) for the folder and give full control to the user that after effects emulated (Users on my system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I found the CORRECT fix for mac for AE CC Error (86::1)

The problem is in an unsupported QT codec.

Go to https://support.apple.com/downloads/quicktime and Download quicktime 7 and install.

If you're on AE CC 2019 give it a try, if it doesn't work download the the version of AE 2017CC which supports the moov codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, and most of the solutions suggested didn't work. Putting the files on the desktop DID allow me to import them, but moving them anywhere else was useless. In the end I uninstalled AE 2018 and then reinstalled it. And for whatever reason, that did the trick. My files import now. I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i found two different problem with this error:

- when relink file again and that error show up

- when first time import .jpg file, and that error show

What i get is the second problem..

For the second problem, i found the solution : change your .jpg color profile to RGB (in Ps or anything), and its work

Hope anyone have the solution for the first one good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I got the same problem (86::1 error) while I trying to drag an .avi file into AE. Anyone can help?

BTW I'm using AE 2018 (15.0.1) on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't mark this as answered. I can't even import jpegs, and you don't know why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines