Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2019 Crashes every time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

i don't know why, but every time i try to launch AE  2019 on my WIN 10 it crashes with this massege:

After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <8732> <Scripting <5> Executing startup/shutdown script at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 20191 Support Files Scripts\Startup command Line Render.jsx

i tried to uninstall an re-install AE, and restarting my computer.. that all the weapons i got

anyone has an idea?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Okay, i figured it out, after a lot of tries, i simply uninstalled AE 2019, and moved the whole "Adobe After Effects CC 2019" folder from:

C:\Program Files\Adobe

(not sure where is the parallel folder on OSX)

and i installed it again. that's it.

in the process i was chating with Adobe agent for help, and they said that method works...

here's the transcript of the chat:

Shrayanka: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Shrayanka: We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to the h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original post is from Dec. 2018!?!? How is this still not resolved in a way that does not require me moving system files or folders?! What the heck am I paying for?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend checking your graphics card drivers are fully updated, mine were not and that was causing the issue. Adobe found the issue as I waited on chat for a while but they found it, try looking up your card drivers online and updating, that instantly worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about on a Mac?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

But do you lose every plugin you´ve installed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. Both AE and AE render crash on startup. Here's my system:

• Version CC2019 (16.1.3), no additional scrips or plugins installed

• Version CC2018 (15.1.2), no additional scrips or plugins installed

• OS 10.12.6

• 2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

• 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB

• CUDA Driver Version: 387.178

• NVIDIA Web Driver 378.05.05.25f19

Update: I uninstalled AE CC2019 and reinstalled to no avail. Tried to do the same with CC2018 which is now not shown anymore in the CC panel to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as well but what I'm finding is that when I try to create a new comp NOT from footage and import files, assets in, everthing "seems" (I say seems because this is only the 2nd time I've tried it in an hour) to be ok.  I had an adobe tech chat w/ me for about an hour early this morning and said it might be a corrupt windows file but that autocad 2017 is crashing it?!  The guy was trying to be helpful but I think after an hour we were both ready to try something else.  I'm having the same exact problem on my laptop as well.

So I will update if things continue to work out.  Mind you I'm a novice and come from the Autocad/3ds Max world but this seems odd that a program this powerful that's been around this long would have the same problem stretching back to 2013?!  I started reading a thread about it and didn't realize it was an ongoing thing.  Anyway, fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines