• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 24.4 is now available for download!

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 24.4 is now live

Hello Artists,

After Effects 24.4 is a bundle of new features. From performance improvements to making your workflow faster and more efficient. All of it is now just a click away. Dive into the latest update today, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, and click Update next to After Effects.

Happy creating!

Here's what's New

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 7.56.32 PM.png

Take advantage of pre-existing propagated frames during the Freeze process for efficient and accurate rotoscoping workflows.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 7.56.38 PM.png

Label Color Menu Swatches

Easily identify the color you'd like to set for your project items, keyframes, layers, or composition marker labels.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.26.07 AM.png

Multi-layer keyframe copy-paste

Copy and paste keyframe selections that span multiple layers so that you can easily duplicate complicated animations at different points in the timeline.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 7.57.05 PM.png

Reverse paste keyframes

Speed up animation by copying existing keyframes spanning multiple layers and reverse pasting them to create captivating animations.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 10.37.27 PM.png

Navigation to the earliest In and latest Out points

Move your CTI to the earliest In point and the latest Out point when multiple layers are selected using keyboard shortcuts I and O.

Features in Beta

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.42 PM.png

Embedded 3D Model Animations

Access embedded animations in the imported GLB or GLTF models and select one of them to play back in your composition.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.50 PM.png

New After Effects Spectrum User Interface

Experience the new modern look across the entire app, themed and styled using Adobe Spectrum design.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.58 PM.png

Shadow Catcher

Create realistic composites using a 3D shadow catcher layer to capture shadows cast by overlying 3D models.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.03.05 PM.png

Get depth data from an Advanced 3D Scene

Extract depth data and use the map to create more realistic composites by simulating real-world camera settings for 3D renders.

What's Fixed

• Incomplete Warp Stabilizer tracking data no longer causes UI slowdowns and caching issues.
  • The composition panel no longer flickers when the Draft 3D option is enabled.
  • Changing the view mode to Draft 3D and enabling the Extended Viewer now renders layers correctly.
  • After Effects no longer shows “Unknown Error” when opening an AVI codec configuration window.
  • Slow model import can now be canceled. 
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when using Adobe Dynamic Link to work with Premiere Pro sequence. 
  • Multiple installations of the Microsoft ONNX Runtime should no longer cause After Effects to crash on startup.

How to update After Effects to 24.4

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE UPDATE.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please, for the love of everything that is good in the world, slow down your release cycle? 

It's not a selling point.  I get that your marketing team make all the decisions, but they're morons.  A lack of stability is NOT a selling point.  New features that never really work is not a selling point.  Failing to fix legacy issues and letting new ones pile up is not a selling point.  I will keep subscribing to CC because you force me to and DESPITE the annual release cycle.  But saying that, the thing that will make me cancel my subscription completely is the fact that the software gets worse with every version.  What are you actually playing at??  Take your time, don't release a new version for 3 years... take FIVE years if that's what you need to finally make a good app.  It's appalling.  Do you even look at what the community is saying? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super unstable. Both Premiere and Aftereffects keep crashing all the time. 

PC user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My projects crash and cannot export ANYTHING when I use rotobrush on both PC and mac.  Adobe's quality control for their software is apalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've installed this, and now After Effects will not open at all. Either via the options of regularly opening it, resetting the preferences, with or without my 3rd party plug ins or safe mode. I've tried a PC restart, updating my Nvidia drivers, uninstalling AE and re-installing it. There's no other options left.

Where can I get direct help from customer service, this is URGENT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also now tried downgrading to the previous version and AE still wont open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 GB of RAM and After Effects uses almost all of it. Despite that, I get a low memory warning and my preview is interrupted. I wish there was an alternative software so we could start using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called davinci resolve. As for layer based stuff... yeah, this is kinda it. 

There's no reason layer based workflows could not be made in software like nuke though. I'd like to see that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 512gb of ram and after effects still struggles. It's just badly made software buckling under 20 ears of mediocre development 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brother in software development-

After Effects cannot handle 3 flat layers under 8Gb of Ram, and it cannot use more than 8% of my GPU effectively. It is NOT ready for a 3D workload. The average dev can code a 3D path traced render engine if they know what they're doing. We don't need that. We need excellence in optimization, a full refactor, or a new freaking program. 

We don't need 3D and GPU usage for a program that cannot do 4k playback at 24fps, and doesn't have GPU effects. Please, get it together. We have entire 400W subcomputers specifically to calculate graphical math. We don't need to be using an antiquated RAM cache system that was used to accelerate a system already obsolete by 2012, and we absolutely don't need to be getting colored outlines on keyframes when we're busy dealing with the fact that multithreading is just copying the render process because none of the effects are multithreaded anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush thanks for the post, but why Adobe is not updating AE Release notes page frequently? Every time an update is pushed to CC app, I go to Known/Fixed issues page, and info is not there. Even now page says "Last updated on Apr 14, 2024". Right now I see that 24.4.1 is available, but I don't have info what's in it. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that now *some* Extendscript is missing. For example, in v24.2.1 `Array.isArray` is available and valid, but in 24.4.1 it reports as `undefined` and causes issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that those polyfills only work if the CC Library is open! Whoops Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste on the reverse of the key frames doesn't work for me,

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yet, still, MXF files sent from After Effects to Media Encoder come up in Media encoder as missing.  Furthermore, it says they will be replaced with the missing media frame, but actually are replaced with colour bars.  Both unnacceptable, but just goes to show how broken this is.

I logged this bug over a month ago with adobe.  It is a critical aspect of our workflow, to maintain quality through the broadcast pipeline.

Updated this morning with the hope it is sorted.  It's not.  I have no words.  I'm not angry.  Just dissapointed. Actually, I am angry.  To re-introduce a past bug speaks volumes on how the development workflow if flawed.  Do better Adobe.  Do better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines