• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Animation to SVG

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We always make animations in AE and export to .mp4.

However, we'd like to learn how to import our AE project in to a software programme and export to .SVG (export to SVG from AE would be nice)

What is the correct work flow for this task? And indeed, what is the correct Adobe package or other?

Animated GIFs and .swf files aren't quite right.

This is just for simple animated logos for the time being. On a transparent layer even. Are SVGs limited to line art?

All help appreciated!

Matt

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Thanks for these responses Mylenium and JosephLabrecque - we have tried Bodymovin and snap.SVG and both didn't quite work.

We are also looking at GSAP Greensock...

As animators we'll now ascertain in the beginning what the output/intended use is in the beginning. We have accepted that you can't have a beautiful cartoon converted to code : - (

I think we are trying to produce something that the correct plugin/software is not yet available for. Surely a truly, scalable, responsive animation format sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this question to the After Effects forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joseph,

May I ask your opinion on;

What is the best workflow for producing SVG animations?

Are responsive, web based animations best suited to simple, line art styles?

thanks for you help, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't export SVGs. You can try the Bodymovin' script, but that's as good as it gets.:

Bodymovin - aescripts.com

Otherwise such stuff is done in Animate CC.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only ever used Animate CC for SVG. There is a document extension for it to produce animated SVG:
Export SVG Animations for the Web with Snap.SVG Animator | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export SVG Animation From After Effects (100% SVG File)
https://youtu.be/NbvLvOfea-0

Export SVG Animation From After Effects (100% SVG File) Hi, in this tutorial, you learn how to export animation from After Effects as an SVG file, not a JSON one. Before starting you need to know what is SMIL SVG Animation: SMIL: Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language, a recommended means of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these responses Mylenium and JosephLabrecque - we have tried Bodymovin and snap.SVG and both didn't quite work.

We are also looking at GSAP Greensock...

As animators we'll now ascertain in the beginning what the output/intended use is in the beginning. We have accepted that you can't have a beautiful cartoon converted to code : - (

I think we are trying to produce something that the correct plugin/software is not yet available for. Surely a truly, scalable, responsive animation format should come soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you've discovered the correct answer is that there is no software capable of doing what you wish. Sorry about that, TweakvideoMatt.

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap.svg looks amazing for CC animate.  Could the Adobe guys make a similar lower tech version for AE?  Bodymovin works well out of AE but needs a huge amount of coding in Dreamweaver or web package which puts designers/animators off.  I ended up using SVGator ( a very basic animation software for layered illustrator or svg files) alot!!  https://www.svgator.com It is as simple as animating a .giff in Photoshop.  However the animation toolset is no way comparable with the abilities of After Effects combined with Illustrator so please Adobe team.. AE is already the head of UI/UX animation in London in combination with XD and Illustrator, so lets keep svg animation with Adobe so I don't have to learn another third party software again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any adobe product that can make an animating SVG images ? I have tried with Adobe Animate CC but I could't make it. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe give SVGator a go as it doesnt look like anything has been developed by Adobe yet.  It doesn't have a very powerful animation toolset but works really well with Illustrator layers.

https://www.svgator.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this video useful. Export SVG Animation From After Effects (100% SVG File)
https://youtu.be/NbvLvOfea-0

Export SVG Animation From After Effects (100% SVG File) Hi, in this tutorial, you learn how to export animation from After Effects as an SVG file, not a JSON one. Before starting you need to know what is SMIL SVG Animation: SMIL: Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language, a recommended means of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines