Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes at startup: Executing startup/shutdown scripts

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! !

After Effect almost always crashes at startup it takes me between 4-5 time until I stop getting the error.

The error I get is a script error and always with those two scripts commandLineRenderer and 1_startup the are located in startup folder within the scripts folder.

The guides that dealing with this problem saying to delete them and it only made things worse.

Capture_1.PNGCapture_2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

I just set it to compatibility mode of windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to say much without exact system info. since scripts are extremely sensitive to user permissions, though, I'd take a guess that you have insufficient user privileges on a folder, system driver, your network or whatever. I'm pretty sure it has very little to do with AE itself.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi morm,

Sorry for your issue. Can you check if After Effects has generated any crash logs on your machine? FAQ: How to find After Effects crash logs on your computer?

If so, please share a recent crash log with us so that we can check what's going on.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set it to compatibility mode of windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and i have the log

[2022-04-12_20-46-10][4392][Info] [general] WebView2 runtime in system will be used to create a webview as no webView2RuntimePath is provided.

And i can't solve it with compatibility mod

My computer configuration is an I7 with a GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did yo uresolve this in the end?
I'm seeing what looks to be the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i solve it by reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.
Sadly not a practicle option in my case, 
Oh well, I'll keep digging,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.
Interestingly I found older (2021 ver) and newer, (2023)  versions work fine but even a clean reinstall didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you install and run the program on the same computer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Installed and ran on the same machine.

Odly we some machines where it works and other where it dosnt.
I work for a university so we have many machines of the same hardware and they are all installed with one of 3 OS images and I cant find a pattern between those that work and those that dont appart from the room they are physicaly in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same (University with Many machines the same) and cant see a pattern as to why some work and some dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i found the issue. Before i had one hard disk with 3TB so installed it on it with another computer. When i launched it with my actual the issue appeared. So installed on the same disk the same software with my actual computer and it worked great. But now i switched to davinci resolve and it does the premiere pro and the after effect à the same time and it's free so i no longer use after effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy solution:

1. Close your after effect.

2. Just open an after effect project (.aep) 

it should run smoothly with no problem. 
I had the same issue as you all, and found this fix online, while Adobe employees struggle about every single question 🙂 i hope it works for u as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, This does indeed work But,
1) it shouldnt need to do this
2) in an education envinonment its dificult to comunicate this to 20k students 
I wish Adobe would try to sort it out.
Its clearly not an Isolated thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 2023 and same problem here 😞 After formatting my computer, I got this error that I never had before.

dumaker_0-1695570386655.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the log ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  I have reinstalled After Effects 23.6 on my newly formatted laptop on windows 11 with an Nvidia 3070 graphics card. It is the same computer on which AE was running perfectly. In this installation there are no plugins or external extensions installed. The LOG:

[2023-09-24_15-28-27][11668][Warn] [general] We are going to deprecate hostInfo access soon. Please use HostInfoController instead.
[2023-09-24_15-28-27][11668][Warn] [general] We are going to deprecate hostInfo access soon. Please use HostInfoController instead.
[2023-09-24_15-28-27][11668][Info] [general] UXP will use the WebView2 runtime in the system as no WebView2 runtime path is provided by the host.
[2023-09-24_15-28-28][11668][Error] [general] The Host version is lower than what plugin: com.adobe.ccx.start is compatible with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oct 2023 got the same problem 😮💨 it's happen only when opening the software. I checked the folder Script on the AppData and there is nothing there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines