Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects - Draft 3d, Motion Blur etc. boxes not displayed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The draft 3d and motion blur boxes are not displayed on individual layers. This screenshot  SS1.pngshows my software where it is only possible to ​click on a "general" box and this screenshot SS2.pngfrom a recent Youtube tutorial where they are displayed individually. Consequently it is not possible to display the X, Y and Z orientation options.

I am new to After Effects so I hope I am not missing the blindingly obvious. Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

At the bottom of your timeline panel, underneath the "Mode" column is a button that lets you toggle between the blending modes that you're seeing now and the switches you want to see.

0switch.jpg

You can opt to have them separated as in the YouTube screen grab you've shown by right-clicking on the column headers, going to the columns option, and choosing to show the switches column.

0both.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of your timeline panel, underneath the "Mode" column is a button that lets you toggle between the blending modes that you're seeing now and the switches you want to see.

0switch.jpg

You can opt to have them separated as in the YouTube screen grab you've shown by right-clicking on the column headers, going to the columns option, and choosing to show the switches column.

0both.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi geoffreya,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. When im making a project, i dont have a draft 3d button, and when i press a different draft 3d button it says its disabled and to turn on hardware accelerate panels, but i have it turned on. I dont know what to do anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and when I switched AE to my second screen with higher resolution, I had no problem viewing the 3D. Hopefully, this helps someone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution 🙂

work with 27_HD screen but not with 27_4K screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue, and idea how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, it works for me thank you.
My "viewer tool bar / Draft 3d bar" was missing. I am using two monitors: one 4K one HD - when I drag my AE-Panel to the HD Monitor i can see the tool bar - on the 4K Monitor its hidden!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That Was my Solution as well- Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines