• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects How To Change Shape Path Vertex Point Coordinates

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: I thought this question would have a simple answer on Google, but there is none, somehow. Is there really no way to change the shape path vertex coordinates with an exact X and Y coordinates without using some script?

Current Workaround: Creating nulls from paths. This works to some extent. I'm able to move the vertex points with the null objects to desired X and Y coordinates, but the changes are not being reflected when rendering my composition with Bodymovin.

Note: If I click on the vertex points, I can see their exact coordinates from the Info window, but I'm unable to click on the coordinates on that window and changed them as I'd hope I could. I can drag the vertex points around, but it's not precise to where I want them. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Yes, that's just how it works. Has never been any different. The rest is kinda beside the point. Bodymovin'/ Lottie are their own bag of bugs and issues, so I don't see the relevance. After all, it's up to the script authors to make the expressions work within their code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's just how it works. Has never been any different. The rest is kinda beside the point. Bodymovin'/ Lottie are their own bag of bugs and issues, so I don't see the relevance. After all, it's up to the script authors to make the expressions work within their code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a Nulls From Paths Extended version that also attaches nulls to the vertex control points of any bezier path. I have it and use it when I need to do something like you are describing. Check it out. It's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines