Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not seeing PostScript Fonts

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

After applying the latest update for AE and Premiere this morning, I noticed that neither program lists PostScript Type 1 fonts in their respective font menus. AE CC 2017 still lists (sees) the PostScript  Type 1 fonts correctly. Did I miss a notification regarding dropping support of PostScript  Type 1 fonts or is something amiss? Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator still see PostScript  Type 1 fonts. Seems to have only affected the video applications?

System Specs below:

Mac Pro 5,1 (2012)

128 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 980

macOS 10.12.6

Font Management via FontExplorer X

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

We are investigating a problem where After Effects 15.1 is unable to see certain PostScript fonts. This is an unintentional change, and we're still in the discovery phase.

Workarounds in the meantime for this would be to convert the font or obtain an OpenType or TrueType version of it. Failing that, create the text in Photoshop and use the PSD source instead of a native text layer in After Effects. (Yes, that's a bit of a hassle, which would work best if you're not animating the text and don't ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but Avid is looking mighty nice once again.

I'd hate to go back, but the stability of Avid is by far, hands down, the best out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in on this.  I can't use most of Benton Sans fonts in AE and Premiere.  They both seem to recognize the italics version of this font, but non of the other styles.  For some reason if I have the text layer existing from previous projects, then AE will maintain the font, but if I change the font and try to change back, it won't.  I've reinstalled the font multiple times and updated AE and Premiere. HELP!  How can I stay up-to-date on the progress of this issue.  Seems like it's been going on for MONTHS, on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how slow Adobe is being on such a huge issue, come on guys, we all pay good money to use your products!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo looooong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. 4 months and no solution. These sorts of things should be tested before rolling out a new update.

Sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is fixed in the July 2018 update for After Effects CC (version 15.1.2).

A list of bugs fixed in this release:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/bug-fixes-in-after-effects-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines