• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects sub menus not working

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the sub menus are working on right click im getting no response at all but they work by keyboard command.

im using the most recent verison of cc on windows 10 and ive already tried resetting my preferences.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using iMac and having the same issue here, and updating or reinstalling different versions of AE did not fix it. "Right Click" works fine with the all others panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tombolsover,

We're sorry for the trouble. Please try the suggestion @Namarah shared. If that does not work, then please reset the preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences | Welcome to kevinmonahan.net

It will make the settings default. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello shivangg​,

I followed the steps and deleted my preferences file and restored default keyboard shortcuts, but sadly it did not solve the issue.

Thanks,

Meshal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tombolsover,

Try long press to access the sub menu. It changed for some reason to long press for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue now, on MacOS 12.0.1, latest Ae. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Tried resetting preferences and it fixed for a bit but now broken again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found this other thread where someone suggests changing work space and back again.  Fixed it for me:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/drop-down-menus-and-right-clicking-not-work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines