• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects won't start, stuck on "Cleaning Up"

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using AE just fine yesterday, turned off my computer last night and there was a cumulative Windows update. Booted today and I cannot get AE to load. 2020 or 2019, tried clearing the prefs, updating AE, reinstalling and even system restore to before the update last night. It keeps hanging on the "Cleaning Up" part when it loads, sometimes it hangs on cleaning up "Anywhere" sometimes "AEDynamicLinkServer".

Need some help ASAP...

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your event logs, security center and networking configuration. Something appears to be blocked somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

care to elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Windows and now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to run it as administrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the computer and reïnstalling AE didn't work. But for some reason running as administrator did work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes it start normally, but now i can't access my network, so thats not really a working solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Douglas5C61 were you able to figure out what caused it, and how to fix it respectively? Same thing happened to me yesterday, out of the blue AE got slow and when I restarted it got stuck at Cleaning Up... temp workaround is to create a new user account on your workstation, that did the trick for me, at least for now. But it would be great to solve this issue, all my settings are gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrestled for two days. Lost Premiere and AE. The only thing that worked was to create a completely new PC user.  Started right up. I tried every hack I could find on every forum to no avail.  Adobe needs to solve this!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started seeing this a few weeks ago, but only when I was already connected to my work VPN. When I disconnected, AE launched fine. After that, reconnecting to the VPN still made AE hang, but it eventually got through the "cleaning up" step on its own after several minutes, then subsequent launches went fine.

@jongraham Have you filed a bug on UserVoice? If not, then the After Effects team won't know about this issue. This is a user-to-user forum, and while Adobe employees do occasionally pop in here, the best way to notify the dev team of issues is by filing a bug. People think if they and a handful of others are experiencing an issue that the AE team should clearly have run across it in their testing, but with 30-year-old software running on millions of different setups, that's not nearly as likely as people think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @jongraham @davidarbor !

the hint about VPN got me thinking, and my IT guy was saying that a version of OpenVPN (2.4.7-I607-Win10)  that I got from a design studio I was working for automatically installed the driver for TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter, and that wouldn't allow me mount another server as a network drive. My guys said that OpenVPN 2 hasn't had any support in over 2 years because of the security issues it had, so I'm now using V3 instead.

Hope that might help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, interesting. I do have a virtual ethernet driver installed, but not the same one as you. I'll look into that the next time I run into this issue. Thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue over here. Been using AE CS6 for years with no issues and as soon as I upgraded to Creative Cloud, it's nothing but issues. Anyone have a quick fix without having to create a separate user account? This is garbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geez man...i uninstall and reinstall every week to fix this problem...ADOBE GET YOUR SHIP TOGETHER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me updating windows did the trick perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah...just wait til next time you shut down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines