• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterFX.exe error (AfterFX.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with After effect when I try to open it, it always error recently and then pop up message appear like i've attached below,, is there anyone who know what happen with this? I'm so confused and need help! 

Thank You!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to guess the cause. I would recommend to use Adobe cleaner tool and uninstall After Effects completely and then you reinstall it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say thank you for your reply, I think i've figure it out just now that when i open adobe after effect on my pc and then loading properly like "clean up" some plugins and suddenly stop in one plugin and crashed, so I try To delete the plugin and reinstall it. And it works,! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, may I know which plugin caused the problem? I may have the same problem as you. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know what plugin caused the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue on a laptop that was plugged into a docking station. The problem was fixed when I unplugged the docking sation and launched AE -- then i could replug in the docking station after AE launched.  I think the problem was that ae was selecting to use a graphics processor tied to the docking station and not the internal graphics processor on the laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution actually works for me!!!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Para Usuarios 2022-23: Tuve el mismo problema, tambien tengo una estacion de acoplamiento para mi laptop y el error era que intentaba usar los drivers de video de la estacion de trabajo, mi solucion fue entrar al panel de control de NVIDIA luego a "MANAGE 3D Settings" en la configuracion global y tambien en el "PROSESSOR PhysyX" seleccione mi tarjeta de video NVIDIA GTX, reinicie con todo conectado y funciono.

I had the same problem, I also have a docking station for my laptop and the error was that it was trying to use the workstation video drivers, my solution was to go into the NVIDIA control panel then "MANAGE 3D Settings" in the global configuration and also in the "PROSESSOR PhysyX" select my NVIDIA GTX video card, restart with everything connected and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines