• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio works in preview, but not when i render the video out! :( [ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CC 2015]

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm pretty new to Adobe After Effects CC 2015. I have a video thats around 1 minute, everything works as it should when i preview it. But when i render it out, with right settings, The sound won't render out.

So basically i can hear all the sounds when i preview it, but when i render it out i can't here any sound at all. I have tried having the sound on Auto, and On. But nothing works.

gg.png

And yes, some of the mp4 files i use for audio aswell, but the mp3 audio file won't play either. Would love some help! I had this problem for some days now!

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

We have a fix for this in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update:

http://adobe.ly/1MVxHgX

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should've mentioned, audio is there in preview (albeit choppy 'cos the new preview code is borked) but not there in the export. So a non-preview, if you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I'm using AE cc 2015 13.5.1 and here's what works for me (as far as rendering audio w/ video w/o issues). Render in AE a QuickTime (.png codec)  w/ .wav for audio, then send to AME and render out a mp4 using a preset that fits where you plan to use it. Although I'm having slight issues getting it to YouTube, the mp4 on my desktop is working proper, audio IS present and synced well to the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to export 2 large comps to lossless with audio for a client.

Both clips came out with no audio.

Ran multiple tests outputting using the default lossless setting and switching the audio output from "auto" to "on" -and same issue.

Can't output lossless with audio.

It this still an issue since the end of July?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Quicktime movie in the PNG codec.  It's lossless, AND you'll get audio because it's a QT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, I ended up using the Animation Codec at 100 quality -which is also a lossless option.  

I'm on a PC and I'm using the AEScripts AEmpeg plugin to output to Prores422HQ for another editor using FCP

That script recommends an initial lossless export -hence my stumbling upon this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around this bug I currently use: render it to a .mov (with video unchecked), and convert it with Quicktime Player 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge bug...3 months later no patch. I guess they are abandoning AfterFx rendering for AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slipangle10000 wrote:

Huge bug...3 months later no patch. I guess they are abandoning AfterFx rendering for AME.

I don't think that's the case. They said they are working on a bug fix and from what they've said, if all goes well, the next update is coming out next month. It will fix a lot of bugs and will include some new features. So it's way more than just a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, this boggles the mind.

You find the audio export bug around 29 july?

And it is still not fixed in the latest version? My clients want me to export audio in separate layers in wav/aiff.

But now I have to make movies, extract the audio to wav/aiff. What a hassle in a stressy enviroment!

I have no words to say about the latest AE developments. I'm so angry (with lots of my collegues) I dont know were to start!

Please please stop investing time in new features only a FEW use, like character anim module. And FIX the problems that matter!

-a REALTIME preview player. I cannot play my ram previews realtime anymore, audio stotters! This is the most essential feature that should work!! I understand you want to rewrite the code, but release it when it is final. Not alpha like it is now!

- exporting audio

- bring back the codecs. We do not want to use AME for exporting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> You find the audio export bug around 29 july?

And it is still not fixed in the latest version?

We have not released any updates since finding this bug. We are working on the fix now. The next update will have the fix, and that version is due for release next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Please please stop investing time in new features only a FEW use, like character anim module. And FIX the problems that matter!

The After Effects team is not the team that made Character Animator.

The After Effects team is focused nearly exclusively on performance and preview improvements, as we have been for the last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, my bad about the Char Anim. Ignore that comment.

Todd, what seems to be the problem for the slow updates for imo absolutely critical bugs? Is the team too small or do you have other priorities?

Don't you thing it is unacceptable basic features that were present in version 4.0  (when ram preview was introduced) are missing? Including exporting audio?

'Focussing nearly exclusively on performance and preview improvements' and you release a new version that is UNABLE to preview something in realtime??

I love that fact you are rewriting the old AE engine for making use of new technologies like GPU's ect. But please, we are professionals trying to earn our living with your software.

We are not beta users!

Maybe you need more beta users for CC16 or even do open beta's for real world feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on a large update that addresses many issues. This is far more efficient than putting out a large number of smaller updates with only a few fixes in each. If you are unsatisifed with the behavior of version 13.5.1, you can always use any prevous version, all of which are available to you through Creative Cloud. We deliberately made it so that projects created in After Effects 13.5.1 could be opened in version 13.2 without any extra steps in case this was necessary, since we knew that the large architectural changes being made for performance right now might introduce some issues that it would take some time to work through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, something as critical as this should never have been allowed to happen in the first place - meaning the program should not have been released with a bug of this magnitude in it, as it should have been caught in the testing phase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It doesn't seem like Adobe tests AE the way real users work. At the very least, this audio output bug should have been patched shortly after it was identified. Four months later, there is still no patch. The replacement for the RAM preview functionality is still a hot mess too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company pays a lot for its adobe license and we depend on it in a professional environment with tight deadlines.  Why is it that such a large bug is not posted in in the CC app or somewhere in the notes that is clearly visible and available to everyone.  How much time did it take me to track this down.  This is truly ridiculous and unprofessional of Adobe to operate this way.  Do you think our time is not as valuable as yours??  This makes me seriously po'd do you know how much time I spent fiddling with my audio drivers today trying to figure this out before finally finding this thread online.  And yet you've known about it at Adobe since at least July!!  I guess we are all Adobe's beta testers for free!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right! This is a disgrace! The only thing adobe says is 'file a bug'!

We should all stop our CC subscriptions! They are abusing the monopoly they have.

I do not feel any love for the customer.

When I would release such an important program with those kind of bugs I would flip out and fix it asap!

Those basic and essential bugs should have been fixed the first two weeks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix for this in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update:

http://adobe.ly/1MVxHgX

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man Todd, I hope this really fixes a lot of stuff!

We just want realtime previews with sound, all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is it?  Still not showing up in CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, the Creative Cloud desktop application takes a while to refresh. I think that the default is for it to refresh once per day. Logging out and quitting the Creative Cloud desktop application and then restarting can trigger a refresh sooner.

details:

Available updates not listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, restarted, logged in/out several times and deleted the OPM.db. Still nothing.. Ooh well..

For once you want something to just work

I hope other users have more luck.

I'm dying to know what how it handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing reports from folks (mostly in Europe) that the update hasn't been deployed through all of the Akamai nodes yet. It sometimes takes several hours for all locales to receive the updates. Try again later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe, will you refund me the year 2015. Because I did not use anything from the cc 2015.

I do not understand this subscription?!?!?! I'm paying you to be a beta tester or what?!?!?!

And what about statement that I'll always have the best and newest version?

After Effects cc2015 is still unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines