• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio works in preview, but not when i render the video out! :( [ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CC 2015]

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm pretty new to Adobe After Effects CC 2015. I have a video thats around 1 minute, everything works as it should when i preview it. But when i render it out, with right settings, The sound won't render out.

So basically i can hear all the sounds when i preview it, but when i render it out i can't here any sound at all. I have tried having the sound on Auto, and On. But nothing works.

gg.png

And yes, some of the mp4 files i use for audio aswell, but the mp3 audio file won't play either. Would love some help! I had this problem for some days now!

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

We have a fix for this in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update:

http://adobe.ly/1MVxHgX

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope everybody saved their copies of bought-and-paid-for AE CS6.   If you're really antsy to cut the cord, you'll need it!  It's either that, or Adobe has you by the short hairs.

Mmmmmm, perhaps not.  Perhaps Blackmagic is working on something.  One can only hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason why I moved to the CC is support for new codecs, especially for red dragon files.

Is there perhaps a plugin that would allow the CS6 version to import these files?

Funny thing is that adobe keeps saying that if you do not want to pay a subscription, you can use CS6. On the other hand they do not want to give support for new codecs in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know that today, we still wait for the fix.

Just stumbled over it today - had not used AE for a while, so happily update in middle of project and sound is gone. Worked before the update a day ago...

At any rate, the .MOV export does have sound, luckily.

Still went back to original v CC2015. Let's see how that holds up.

BTW, share the sentiments on feeling like beta tester. It must be a complex problem, that they did not test the export with audio must mean that either they have not touched exporting and assumed it works, or have a cross coding issue that is not foreseen, or simply did not test.

Still, I do use all the other CC2015 stuff, so subscription works for me.

A discount would be in place, in this case though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is not very clear.   You updated AE today?  From what version to what version?  When you say sound is gone what do you mean? 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! If non if this helps, you can try render it out in Adobe Media Encoder!

Then the sound and video will be rendered perfectually!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half year - no patch? Seriously?  Video editor which cannot save the video sound? Seriously?  Shocked. Really....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have/had the same problem too I went through all the settings and what worked for me was setting the format to QuickTime then on the video output section click format options and set the video codec to H.264

Hopefully It Will Work For You To.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorrena,

Recently we have been having the same exact issue with Adobe After Effects CC 13.8. Adobe, is there any update on when there will be an update to this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kdr_ss wrote:

Recently we have been having the same exact issue with Adobe After Effects CC 13.8.

Have you updated to 13.8.1 yet?

There is a new release of After Effects coming "soon". Sneak peaks have been shown at trade shows and on Adobe's YouTube. It may solve your issue if 13.8.1 doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does 13.8.1 fix the problem though?

It doesn’t matter really, when lots of people are relying on a copy of AE that they don’t control (e.g., AE on centrally-managed school computers). I wish I had bought a copy of CS6 with AE. It’s a shame Adobe don’t even allow people to buy CS6 any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wpyarbc  wrote

Does 13.8.1 fix the problem though?

It depends on the underlying issue. Often similar symptoms can have entirely different causes. In most cases, I'd suggest using CC 2017 (14.1) anyway. It's the fastest, smoothest version of AE for me. I've been running it since it released at my freelance studio and it's been solid.

wpyarbc  wrote

It doesn’t matter really, when lots of people are relying on a copy of AE that they don’t control (e.g., AE on centrally-managed school computers).

Oh I feel that pain. At my full-time job, we're stuck on version 13.7.1. Very frustrating since I know how much better the version I COULD be using is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines