Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks Purge Memory & Disk Cache Script

Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've played around a bit more with Automation Blocks and created and simple scripts that displays all the Purge options and lets you execute them. I guess it is not the most elegant way to display all the options as well as create the flow but it does the job 🙂 I have attached it here. If you want to make it better or add something to it feel free to do so...

Best

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Wow, that's amazing - thank you for sharing!

I added it to the Community Library now changed a few things in the tool.

This is your original code (with some remarks about what I changed):

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 20.22.00.png

And this is my modified version:

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 20.28.52.png

This is what I changed in detail:
1) I replaced your else if conditions with independent if blocks. That way, if you enable several checkboxes, also all the corresponding menu commands are executed.
2) I added some "write to console" messages such that you can also see in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's amazing - thank you for sharing!

I added it to the Community Library now changed a few things in the tool.

This is your original code (with some remarks about what I changed):

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 20.22.00.png

And this is my modified version:

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 20.28.52.png

This is what I changed in detail:
1) I replaced your else if conditions with independent if blocks. That way, if you enable several checkboxes, also all the corresponding menu commands are executed.
2) I added some "write to console" messages such that you can also see in the console, which purge operations actually have been performed.
3) I replaced the conditions  like "All Memory equals true" by just "All memory". This is probably a matter of taste. They mean exactly the same - my variant is a bit more compact, but yours is maybe even better to understand. So not sure if this change really improved the code, but I thought it does not hurt to show that you can save a few blocks here.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a very nice example for showing how easily you can create user interfaces with AB.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 20.42.38.png

You find the tool in the community library at
Project/Purge/Purge Dialog with All Purge Options.xml
Thanks a lot again for sharing it with the community 🙂

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2) I added some "write to console" messages such that you can also see in the console, which purge operations actually have been performed.
3) I replaced the conditions  like "All Memory equals true" by just "All memory". This is probably a matter of taste. They mean exactly the same - my variant is a bit more compact, but yours is maybe even better to understand. So not sure if this change really improved the code, but I thought it does not hurt to show that you can save a few blocks here.

Cool thanks for taking the time to take a look at the code.

1) That is the better solution. I didn't know that the if else would limit it to just on entry. Good to know 🙂

2) That's a handy feature.

3) Good to know those shortcuts. I haven't done a lot of coding in the last years, tried it a few times but faild :-D, so Automation Blocks is amazing so that I can play around with the blocks without writing all the code myself.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines