• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bezier handles in graph editor

Participant ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scoured Google, scoured Adobe Forums. Can't find how to get the bezier handles to show up in the graph editor inside of Adobe AE CC 2015.2. I have two keyframes for position set. No matter what I do, I cannot get the beziers handles to show up so I can customize my movements. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graph is not set to auto scale and there are no keyframes visible. I think that's the problem because I can reproduce it.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 9.17.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 9.18.03 AM.png

The the graph editor stops responding as you expect start clicking on the settings at the bottom. Notice the blue (selected) 5th icon from the left...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I think I messed up the setting in the graph editor because I switched everything off and on to see if this will bring back the keyframes. Honestly, ever since the interface changed from orange highlights to blue ones (Why!!??) every new update brought new frustration. Before cloud was there you just waited a year or so until you got the new version (so most bugs were fixed) but with the "download new version" link on hand of course you are tempted to update soon after the release.

I needed to use Duik... otherwise I would still be using AE2014 (it is not compatible with the latest vers of Duik)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a path, then click on any key frame from the path. Right click on it to reveal the sub menu then click on Mask & Shape Path and then uncheck RotoBezier... works! : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodilk it appears you Are referring to bezier handles of the path itself in the composition window whereas the thread is about handles in the graph editor - this is something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graph editor is the MOST HATED interface on otherwise the most powerful design application to date, all in my subjective opinion. But seriously, Adobe - LISTEN TO YOUR USERS: add bezier handles to the value graph. That is all we want!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have bezier handles on anything other than merged coordinates (like position). you can separate dimensions on transform position to get access to those. If you mean you want more flexibility with separate dimensions to get more bezier control in the hraph, please ask for it in the wishform page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple Animation Tutorial - After Effects - YouTube

At 21:21 he talks about not getting the bezier handles in the graph editor. You have to select the points and click "Separate dimensions". Then you can click on the points and click "Convert selected keyframes to auto bezier" .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everharta is correct — Position Keyframes in the Graph Editor will not have Bezier Handles for its Value Graph unless Separate Dimensions is turned on.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED: "Separate Dimensions" option WORKED!!!

Thank you @everharta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to see de handles in the Value Graph is separating dimensions. In other case you have to select Speed Graph, not Value Graph.

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-26 a la(s) 21.42.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tut will help
4 After Effects Graph Editor Basics You Need To Know — Austin Saylor

On bottom bar you'll see a toggle switch. "Separate Dimensions"
Wthis will SPLIT your X, Y values and curve.
Bezier will show up. Doing this in Value Graph lets you do things like 'overshoot' a pendulum effect.

On that same bar you'll see graph type options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved this so I thought I would share:  You have to right-click on the keyframe and select "Keyframe interpolation..." and change the keyframe interpolation to rove across time and use bezier. 

Keyframe-interpretation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jashua: Yes, I think this is the fix! I will try it and see if i can make my animation do what I need it to do. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your issue is the same as mine, I think only checking the "Edit Speed Graph" will solve the problem. edit speed graph-03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines