• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Anybody Tell Me What The Name Of This Affect Is?

Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I've seen this pixel stretch effect around a bit. I really like it and would like to learn more about it, but I don't know what it's called. Does anytbody know the actual name for this effect? (file attached)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

The stretched wipe effect that reveals the logo is generally referred to as pixel stretch, just like you called it.  You can achieve this quite easily with the CC Scale Wipe effect.  Set the stretch rate high, around 100, then keyframe the centre point of the effect to reveal the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Bad TV animation presets included with After Effects will get you started. The clip you shared is a combination of about 4 of that kind of effects stacked on top of one another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, wasn't the effect (at least outright which I'll probably look silly for saying that later) but thank you so much for introducing me to animation presets. Bad TV #2 was a genius. I got lost and forgot to get back to you. Went totally off into something else I didn't expect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stretched wipe effect that reveals the logo is generally referred to as pixel stretch, just like you called it.  You can achieve this quite easily with the CC Scale Wipe effect.  Set the stretch rate high, around 100, then keyframe the centre point of the effect to reveal the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew, super, awesome. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the name/select of the effect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines