• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Cinema 4d lite because of "Maxon License Manager" in AE v 17

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started working with AfterEffects & interested in working in C4D Lite. When I open a Cinema 4D file, or use FILE > NEW > MAXON CINEMA 4D FILE, the Cinema 4d Launcher window appears. After a moment, a popup from Maxon requires me to register an account on their website. I made sure that I registered on their website with the same login as my Adobe CC account. However, no c4d files can be opened, it asks me to activate a Cinema 4D trial instead of reflecting some kind of Lite license. 

I'm not finding much information online about this license manager at all. In all the tutorials that I see, there is absolutely no mention of this License registration or MAXON account requirement - they all seem to just open straight into the 3d editor. 

Is Cinema 4D Lite no longer included with After Effects in v17? 

3HHZ6rI

EDIT: I restarted the app again, and now when I open a Cinema 4D Lite app, this very confusing screen blocks me from doing anything:

yr6Zz2L

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Hey David,

I believe I have the solution for you. You don't have to do that "Setup License Server" part. This is from Maxon themselves:

"To fix this issue all you have to do is delete the C4D preferences to restore the defaults. Here's how to do that:

Open a Finder window and head to ~/Library/Preferences/MAXON via Finder's Go > Go to Folder command. Next, quit out of Cinema 4D from the Force Quit menu (this is a very important step as this process will not work if the application is running). On

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXCEPT THAT WE USE IT ON WORK COMPUTERS WHICH ONLY ALLOW INSTALLS BY IT ADMINS AND REQUIRES A HUGE APPROVAL PROCESS. It used to just work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what solved it for me. Download the offline full installer, install it, go back into AE and create a new C4D file and you can activate the Lite License.

A bit of a hassle though that it is that complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send the URL to download the "offline full installer" please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like heck it's "A bug w/ Adobe." It has nothing to do w/ Adobe whatsoever. It is MAXON's new, clumsier licensing protocols. The license used to be handled natively opening from After Effects, but now, you have to jump through Maxon's garbage hoops by creating an account, activating "Lite," etc. Garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to where you are saying to go. I assume I am in the wrong section but I looked elsewhere and still cannot find MaxonI assume I am in the wrong section but I looked elsewhere and still cannot find Maxon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have The Same Problem On Windows 10, please Help ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"On Windows the process is the same, but the filepath is different. You'd go to C:\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Roaming instead (replace "YourUsername" with your username for the account in which you use Cinema 4D on Windows). You may have to click in the upper portion of the Explorer window and type this path in as some folders may be hidden; there should also be some guides online detailing how to unhide these folders."

If you followed the instructions verbatim and it still doesn't work, then I would suggest contacting Maxon support. Explain to them that you followed these exact steps, and what you see on your end after following these steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey davidx1,

Can you confirm whether or not this worked for you so that other people will know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but there isn't a MAXON folder/file in the library/preferences folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check
/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences

It ’s different from 

/Library/Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Maxon folder is showing up but the Cinema 4D folder, "machines_rb_20.prf" and the "teamrender_rb_20.prf" arent there. Also when I go to Maxon's site and create an account, how do I register for cinema 4d Lite. I can only find that it comes with after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my prompt is slightly different:

Setup RLM and it says
Server:
Port: 6112
Offline License
RLM Hardware ID ****not sure if I should list this on the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and you can close the RLM setup. You don't need to do that for Lite. You might have to hit the Home button to get back to the correct screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I actually did not see the "machines_rb_20.prf" nor the "teamrender_rb_20.prf" either. No big deal. You can just delete that Maxon folder. You are signed into Maxon, correct? do you see a button that says "Activate" next to Lite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after like 2h trying all the above workarounds, this tip finally it makes it works.
THANK YOU Brandon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded after effects plug-in from the Maxon website. it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that Maxon on the past some bad branding practice. Like WebSite Marker 4 that after purchase it later ask additional hiding cost at the end of the workflow process. And other examples of push marketing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open the cinema 4D Lite, only the "Lite version" is available to activate.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an intallation problem the other way around: I'm running AE CC latest version and naturally you get C4D Lite with that and in my case all works fine. So far so good.

But:

now I want to UPGRADE to C4D R22. I just want the trial for now so I downloaded it from their website https://www.maxon.net/en-us/try/ and installed it. But now I'm opening R22 and it still just opens the LITE version with no option to switch to the full R22 version. 

Does anyone have a solution for that problem? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this from Maxon and it solved the problem:

Starting Cinema 4D directly instead from within AfterEffects should in general not open Cinema 4D Lite, but let you choose a license or the trial.

Unfortunately reinstalling the entire program does not change the license.
You can try to reset the program. Open Cinema 4Ds preferences first and from the preferences open the userfolder ("Open Preferences Folder..." at the bottom of the window).

Now the finder should open the userfolder called "Cinema 4D R22....".
Please close Cinema 4D and delete this folder.
If you restart the program it should be reset to defaults and you can choose a license again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a windows version of this solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's several responses back, but I'll copy/paste it here again:

Personally, I'm not a Windows user and don't know much about Windows. But since I had a Maxon ticket already open on a similar issue, I went ahead and followed up with your question. Here is the answer from Maxon Tech Support:

On Windows the process is the same, but the filepath is different. You'd go to C:\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Roaming instead (replace "YourUsername" with your username for the account in which you use Cinema 4D on Windows). You may have to click in the upper portion of the Explorer window and type this path in as some folders may be hidden; there should also be some guides online detailing how to unhide these folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines