- Save

- Save As...

- Save a Copy as XML...

- Save a Copy as 18.X...

- Save a Copy as 17.X...

- Increment and Save

- Auto-saving

- Keyboard shortcuts for any of the above

The options are not greyed out in the menu. When I select/click them they become highlighted and respond as normal as if the AE recognizes the input but there is no resulting action. No save. No save window. No error prompt. Autosave is enabled but it doesn't do anything.

When attempting to close an unsaved project AE does the normal "would you like to save?" prompt. But selecting yes/save just closes the save window and project without actually saving the changes made to the existing project file or creating a new one.

Attempted Fixes:

- Granted After Effects Full Disk Access in "Security & Privacy" System Preferences

- Updated AE to latest Version

- Uninstalled/Re-Installed AE

- Uninstalled/Re-Installed Creative Cloud

- Enabled Read & Write Privileges for ALL USERS in /Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/22.4 and applied changes to all contained subfolders/files (this is not necessarily recommended but I thought if there was a permissions hang up anywhere then this would open it up)

- Deleted AE Preferences

Deleting AE Preferences game me SOME new information.

After deleting the preferences and creating a new project everything SEEMED to be working properly again. But as I quickly discovered if you close After Effects the fix is gone the next time you open it.

I can "fix" it again by deleting my preferences again but this is obviously not a sustainable solution as it just repeats every time you close/reopen AE.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

UPDATE: It seems this issue has been RESOLVED with the August update of version 22.6.

After updating to version 22.6 this issue no longer persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (v22.6).

After Effects 22.6 is now live!

Thank you all for your patience!
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Macbook Pro 14" 2021

64 GB

M1 Max

After Effects 22.5

Tried all suggested here, and it kills me during my work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idem con Mac OS Monterey 12.5, Affter Effects 22.5 en una MacAir 2022 M2 con 8Gb de RAM, CPU 8 nucleos GPU 10 nucleos... Ninguna de las opciones lo resuelve, solo temporalmente y vuelve a suceder.... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the above has happened to me as well. Support, what do you suggest to do in this case? My work, my studies, my whole life depends on it. I paid a lot of money for the program, why the hell am I facing this situation and why are you not solving anything? Reply as soon as possible and tell me how to return the ability to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It seems this issue has been RESOLVED with the August update of version 22.6.

After updating to version 22.6 this issue no longer persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (v22.6).

After Effects 22.6 is now live!

Thank you all for your patience!
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the issue has been fixed in latest update. After Effects v22.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines