• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips keep glitching

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since 2 weeks ago my clips in ae keep glitching for no reason also i don't have any effects on it! Till now I always reseted ae when this happened and after it, it worked again but now it doesn't! And there are also green,red boxes in the left corner is that normal? I really don't know how to fix this and i would be happy when someone can help me! Thanks Indija!

Screenshot_2021-10-22_at_21.28.46.pngScreenshot 2021-10-23 at 11.42.29.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the After Effects forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 videos are highly compressed and can easily fail. Your best option is to open the original footage in. the Adobe Media Encoder and try rendering a visually lossless copy using a visually lossless format. Stay away from MP4 compressed video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use AE on two computers. One of them is significantly older than the other. The older one has lots of troubles with MP4 files, as Rick mentions. The newer computer seems to handle them fine.

Anytime I see weird issues like you're describing, I just transcode my vidoes to QuickTime with the ProRes 422 codec using either Adobe Media Encoder (as Rick mentions) or, if it's having issues, I use DuME from Rainbox. I never have issues with ProRes files in After Effects on either computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines