Shift + a number key (0-9) not working.

Please help me 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

This issue arises with the installation of the lastest AE build, 17.5.0 x40 and it only arises if you use the Default Keyboard shortcuts set as selected in the Keyboard Shortcuts Visualizer. If you have a Personalised Keyboard Shortcuts set active and it was created prior to  the latest release, you should be fine with the old Marker shortcuts.

The reason for this new behavior is that the shortcuts previously assigned to creating Comp Markers and jumping to these markers have been reassigned t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue arises with the installation of the lastest AE build, 17.5.0 x40 and it only arises if you use the Default Keyboard shortcuts set as selected in the Keyboard Shortcuts Visualizer. If you have a Personalised Keyboard Shortcuts set active and it was created prior to  the latest release, you should be fine with the old Marker shortcuts.

The reason for this new behavior is that the shortcuts previously assigned to creating Comp Markers and jumping to these markers have been reassigned to select the new Camera Gizmo thingy. You can override these new, default shortcuts by going to the new 3D section in AE's Preferences Dialog Window and deselecting the checkbox which assigns the numbers to the new Cam Gizmo.

See image below -

Cam_Markers_Shortcuts.PNG

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I got it !

Thank you Sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome and thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird that they would override super common keyboard shortcuts. Guess the new camera gizmo is going to go unused by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

best!

7e4cb0eff3315f27-shocked-gifs-find-share-on-giphy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you for clearing this up.  An observation:

I noticed the new camera shortcuts.  However, AE has a system of making shortcuts relative to a GUI component.  

Camera shortcuts should be only on the Canvas, the composition window.

Timeline marker shortcuts should be on the Timeline

But it appears these are not.  This should be an easy fix for Adobe. 
Also annoying that they activate an override in a Preference pane instead of the Keyboard Shortcut editor.

Too bad we cannot merely edit the file to move the shortcuts to the correct section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you man. Great job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn. Thanks so much for this. This has been driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing to you from the future.  The year is 2023 and your answer just saved me so much stress even now.

Thank you so much!!

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had the same issue. unchecking the "Use 1,2,3 for..." has solved the problem. I don't know why software companies are playing with their customer's muscle memory (like windows 11 haha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks Sr.  I had already given up using these shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been struggling with this issue for YEARS and could never figure out why. I am so grateful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an actual fix for this bug, yet?

Am I missing something? The camera gizmo controls are standard press/hold to activate; no modifier keys are necessary for the gizmo controls. Adding markers requires the shift modifier: shift+number. I don't understand why these can't co-exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 3D preferences should help you out if you prefer the previous mechanics/shortcuts.
And, the SHIFT+Number creates a Comp Numbered Marker BUT you require a single keypress of a Number Key to reach the Numbered Markers and this is where the conflict occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful... Does anyone have issues trying to label the markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues with labelling the Comp or Layer Markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines