Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link AE Premiere broken CC 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since my colleagues and I have updated to CC 2019, our AE project (that contains text) imported in Premiere is broken. Not completely, we can still edit the text but Premiere changes the font. Anybody as the same issue ?

Thanks y'all,

Valentin

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Finally, in the last update this bug has been fixed! Version:

• PR version: 13.0.2 build 38

• AE Version: 16.0.1 build 48

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, too bad. I hope it is fixed soon and I'm thankful i was just a small graphic.  : I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I updated for several times, I even reformatted my laptop but still having the issue. We have workloads to do. Please do something about this.

This is the error you get when you try to "edit original", and when you try to change the text in premiere the font changes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but in my case it just looses the link to AE files, which have text. If I close the AE project the file sbecome offline in premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, newest software on OSX and Adobe software. On multiple computers. And with libraries. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have an issue with old AE files in premiere wont update in the project after making a change.
If I try to re-import the newly converted file into Premiere there are no comps showing up.

EDIT: I sent in crash reports, I guess updating AE links went haywire

PLEASE FIX,  for the love of god.... Dynamic linking is so broken in this build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then use the older software!  What's wrong, is it broken or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should the community be testers of this BETA version?

Adobe should make the subscription free in this case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. There is a team of 7 editors, including myself, waiting to use some of the newer features but we can't utilize it until the fundamental features are working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Detail:

Graphics card driver is up to date.

Adobe Premiere Pro/AE/Encoder are all in their most current versions

GFX Card: NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok here was my fix to all the issues.

Uninstall all of Adobe including user preferences.

Delete every version of the leftover cache on the drive.
You know the cache that's obscurely labeled with an old version that keeps 100's of gigs on the drives and never deletes.

Then reinstall everything and your good to go.

I think Adobe should give us a couple of free months because the subscription cost me money at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this but to no avail.  Any Adobe assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you uninstall user preferences. Is that by going into the roaming folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you launch AE and you will get a pop-up panel with the option to delete your preferences. This is much easier than trying to find the preferences folder and delete the file there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was fixed with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today to the latest version. Problem still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add to my post about uninstalling all old versions and profiles.

Also, open your AE files in the new version and save them out before going to PRE.

Then in PRE relink them in PRE and you should be good to go.

I had to rebuild all the projects that I'm in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamt18510785, I been busy but I am planning to give your fix a shot.  Please keep us posted as you use and test this.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to just wait for projects to end before updating, as the projects never end (yay!) - therefore eventually just need to give it a go.

Dynamic Link definitely broken altogether. If I create a new 2019 file from AE and Premiere, it's still changing all the fonts. Too bad my company font isn't Minion or whatever it's using, I'd be fine.

Downgrading back to an older version and waiting for this to be fixed, as my fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took half an hour on a chat to Tech Support giving system details, updating data etc.

The answer from them in the end was:-

I really apologize for the inconvenience that has caused to you. Right now, we are facing this issue with the latest version of the application. Please rollback to previous version few days. These issues we found after launching the application because after launching the application few customers are unable to use the application and as soon as we identified the issue we started working on it. Now our Engineering team is working on the issue.

The only thing I am requesting you is please give us a chance to resolve your issue.

So basically 2019 doesn't work yet, wait for updates.  Stay on 2018 or change or update at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also experienced this issue, please fix adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried uninstalling all of the Adobe Suite off of my iMac. I also went into my library folder and deleted the cache and commons folders. I reinstalled Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects and Premiere Pro CC2019. No luck. The Dynamic link is still broken. Such a bummer. This is the one thing that I sold me on this set of software over the competition. I hope that it gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes valenting, this appears to be a known issue. I believe we have a fix for this in an upcoming patch. Sorry for this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

When could we expect a fix for this? It's been going for quite some time now!

Thanks,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now after fixing the dynamic issues, I'm getting random frame glitches on rendering where is it takes a beginning frame and puts it somewhere in the middle of my video.

My god, this update is a worthless P.O.S.

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines