Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Afetr Effects -Premiere Pro recurring media offline problem

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a Premiere Pro timeline with  many linkes After Effects compositions (about 8 comps).

Whenever I'm working in After Effects to change something and I save the project, ALL linked compositions in Premiere Pro go Offline. I need to relink them, and I can relink them no problem, becasue the project hasn't gone anywhere and hasn't changed name, but I lose my render files in Premiere and constantly relinking is being a total drag for my workflow.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for that?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Having the same issue, yet it only started today. Its been working fine until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice helped solve my issue. Posting my experience here in case it helps anyone else. In my case, it may been a combination of issues with the new Dropbox for macOS and Adobe's Media Browser. Since the dropbox default location has changed maybe the Media Browser is giving the AEP files the wrong address 🤷‍:male_sign:. Just a guess.

When I was working in the AE project and save, it would go offline in PPro. First I used TIM_Producer6's advice and unchecked "Use Media Browser to locate files" in the Link Media dialogue. Then, using Joe_wpi's advice above, once it was reconnected I right-clicked and selected "Edit Original". And even though the active AE project was already open, AE  closed it and opened it again. Now saving the AE does not cause the dynamic link to go offline.

You can see in the PPro Project Panel, if you have the File Path metadata column activated, that it shows different Finder addresses for AEP files that work and ones that have the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also meant to mention that both my PPro and AE are the same version, but the problem had persisted until I followed the procedure above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked for you aswell @Leigh-DTP  I think its something to do with how the Mac file system works. You can see it for yourself when hit edit orginal, look at the pathname change in the header bar of After Effects, its a subtle change, but it is different enough to disconnect the linked comps for whatever reason. Haven't encountered the same issue on my PC workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing special characters such as à or é (Yes I'm French) in all folder names on the way and the project file names solved it for me as well. Thanks to Pedro Rabbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Then I realized I was working in Premier 24, but after effects 23. After I updated after effects to 2024 it seems to be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines