• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Refresh Disabled (please release Cap Lock to refresh view).

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a thread from 2017 that suggested uninstalling apps, which I thought was excessive. Nevertheless, it is super frustrating to have no preview and I have to keep tapping (any key) to get rid of the "error", so I tried it out. I uninstalled each and every CC 2020 app and reinstalled. Time consuming, annoying, yes. But I was hoping it would save time in the longrun. I was wrong. I'm still getting the same error. 

Yes, I have checked to make sure caplock is not on. 

Any help would be appreicated, thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the latest. Figured I would try to go from a clean slate, start completley over. I uninstalled every Adobe app,  then did a search for any adobe related file I could find in the system. (working on a Mac, so System/Library etc.) Deleted everything that I could find: Pref files, com.adobe. files, everything. Something like 100K files trashed. (I guess uninstall doesn't clear everything.)

Installed ONLY After Effects. -- Still having the same problem. ?? Super confused here. -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than 1 keyboard linked to your computer? Sometimes the caps lock is ON on one keyboard but OFF on the other and you end up with this error. So make sure it is off on both keyboards. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one keyboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Tapping any key or changing zoom at all refreshes the screen. Have tried reinstalling everything and removing preferences. 

Also, downloaded AE Beta and had the same error.

Macbook Pro 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I missed one step -- Restart your computer --.. So, after removing everything I could find associated with Adobe and reinstalling it AND restarting the computer the refresh issue seems to be resolved, in the sort of way that there is still an issue with the software, time consuming workaround that gets it working again. so... not resoved really, but working for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well these people found that uninstalling all the apps with Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling them works.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/quot-refreshed-disabled-quot-all-the-time/td-p/8881283?...

Maybe it will work for you too!

Good luck! and sorry couldn't be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take back what I said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines