• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of After Effects?

Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this blog before reinstalling a previous version, otherwise, you might mistakenly uninstall the current version of Premiere Pro installed on your computer.

To reinstall any previous version of After Effects, follow these steps:

1. Open the Creative Cloud desktop application.
  2. Click on the All Apps tab.
  3. Find After Effects in the list and click the three-dot menu on the right.
  4. Click Other Versions and choose the previous version of After Effects that you want to install on your computer.

Install previous AE version.gif

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the 3 dots just say "Learn More" which takes me to general info about the app. Anyone know where I can find the older versions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. There is no "older versions" option. I was using AE a month ago and now I can't. I have MacOs 10.13 and I can't update to 10.14 which is the latest supported by this new version. I need to install the previous one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used it before so i'm new to all this.. But still, no Older Versions options! And everything online talks about these magical three dots 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a shame. I pay to use this tool and they now update and let me down with no live support when something like this happens. Now I can't finish my job because of them, they suppose to help us and they just do things more and more difficult. I need someone from Adobe to support here ASAP, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you login to your account on Adobe.com, and click on Support at the top, then Contact Us in blue, it starts a live chat. I just figured that out now. I can let you know what they say 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sierra and they said i have to have at least Mojave to run AE. I'm not willing to update my OS so they just lost a customer and i'm gonna have to miss out! Ridiculous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for Sierra you need CS6, but not 100% sure. Check this link out, here you will find some really old versions. Support here is a joke.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=13&platform=Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that link would work if i already had AE installed, but i dont. Thanks anyway! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me, too! where can i find the proper version of After Effects for Mac 10.13.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realizing this is an old thread - but if you go into your settings in Creative Cloud (click on your profile icon in the corner), go to Apps, and turn on the setting that says "Show Older Apps". Should be able to click the three dots and install older versions after that 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ctimpson, I have that option selected, but I am still unable to see any of the older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow, I talked with Customer Services about the versions problems and they sent to me a link to download After effect and right now is running well on Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra After Effect 2020. And Encoder too!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah the link would be handy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions... to a point. How do we download versions not available in the list because we need certain plug-ins that run with certain versions? E.g I need access to AE2019 and I can't get it that I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was having the same problem as everyone bceause when I clicked on the 3 dots the option "Other versions" didn't show up. I tried unistalling my current version of After Effects and was going to install it again. Before installing AE again, I clicked on the 3 dots again and the option "Other versions" showed up. I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to downgrade from after effects 2021 to 2020 or 2019, (versions 17.5 or 16.1) but when i go into creative cloud > "other versions" all it goes down to is version 18.0 and when it says "looking for older versions?" i click on view more and scroll to see the later versions, after effects doesn't appear and i don't know how to get a later version of after effects. can someone please help me download version 17.5 or 16.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC updated itself, then auto-updated to 2023 and uninstalled the previous version on several systems.

I contacted support and was told I could only get the base installer for 2021 (18.0). We are in the middle of production using 18.4.6 and are unable to update even after installing 18.0 and turning on "Show Older Apps". I really don't understand why Adobe can't just keep a repo of the last few versions available, especially for paying customers with lots of licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought a m1 Mac and downloaded 2023 after effects and the option for other versions is not available! What's going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines