Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to fix "Display Acceleration Disabled" in After Effects

Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running into a problem where After Effects displays a message on the Composition panel that says Display Acceleration Disabled, follow the suggestions given in this post to fix the problem.

macOS:
• Make sure your MacBook is connected to the power source
• Go to Preferences > Display and toggle Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels
• Go to Preferences > Video Preview and toggle Enable Mercury Transmit

Windows:
• Update the on-board and dedicated graphics drivers of the computer. If this happens after updating the graphics driver, reinstall the previous version of the driver

NOTE: Nvidia driver version 442.92 seems to cause this problem on many systems. If you have installed this driver, please reinstall the previous version

• If your computer has Nvidia graphics, make sure to update the GeForce Experience software as well
• Go to Preferences > Display and toggle Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels
• Go to Preferences > Video Preview and toggle Enable Mercury Transmit

If none of the steps given above help, obtain the System Information file (.NFO) and After Effects logs from your system and share them with us. Here is how you can do that:

Log files:

• Launch After Effects and go to Help > Enable Logging.
  • Work in After Effects for a few minutes.
  • Then go to Help > Reveal Logging File.

System Info:

macOS:
Follow the steps given in this article: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203001

Windows:
1. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window
2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
3. From the System Information window, go to File > Save
4. Save the file as .NFO

After collecting both the files, upload them to Adobe Creative Cloud Files by following the steps given in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the URL in the comments section below.

TOPICS
FAQ , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 130 Replies 130
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. This seems to be an issue with Nvidia driver version 442.92.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem now for past 3 days never face this problem in past. I'm using intel hd graphics.

MSinfo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing. I've downloaded your MSInfo.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use older versions of AE and there's all worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What older version of AE works ok with 442.92?

I suppose it is not one of the 2020 editions.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just updated my drivers to 442.92 and I'm experiencing this issue that makes it quite hard to work with AE. The problem is that I'm an Octane render user, and I need this Nvidia update to run the current version of Octane render. So I can't go back. Can you at least tell me that Adobe is working on a fix? Is the lockdown slowing this down? I'm working with AE everyday, on paid projects. It's a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with the current version of Redshift3d renderer - it requires 442.92. Hope we get 17.0.7 soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure do new game ready drivers fulfill requirements for new Octane/Redshift releases, maybe there is no issue with those.

Did anyone try game ready drivers and is there the same AE issue with those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about Redshift, but Octane really works best with Studio drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects team is investigating the issue. I understand your reason for not downgrading your Nvidia driver version.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm using the NVidia's Studio Driver 442.92 in AE 17.0.6 version (latest version at the moment) as recomended by Geforce Experience, with an GTX 1080ti, and I can't enable de GPU, same problem that D34DC3N73R had, but with a different driver.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/1676f36e-ab52-48bb-6c84-f5965b22c7ab

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your system information file, ViniciusOgro.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i recently reintall entire windows,installed latest intel drivers.Nothing worked out for me.

Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels" is not grayed out.

PLEASE assist.

God bless you.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/39de7fe6-f220-418f-7ccd-d2ffbb07ef9a

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/39de7fe6-f220-418f-7ccd-d2ffbb07ef9a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your System Information file, blessedf65980927. I've added it to the bug that we're tracking internally.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue (among others, as you can see here), so am including my .nfo as well, in hopes it helps figure this out: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/40fe01c9-1f6b-4dfb-59b8-1fd36623cd9d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for providing the NFO file, brittnell-CM. We're investigating this bug.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update didn't help me. Event Viewer shows the same error messages with NVidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing this error since upating to the video driver and after affects on May 20th.  I have use 442.92 with a TitanXp with no errors in the AE versions before 17.1.0 build 72.   Adobe Permier also works perfect with this video driver.  for me it sonly AE that doesnt work.  I have oepned a case with nVidia also and waiting to hear back from them, but I suspect there is somethign wrong with 17.1.0 build 72 that adobe needs to fix.  I hope there is an update ASAP as it makes AE unusable in this condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED:

Hi all,

Those of you who have a Windows machine + Nvidia GPU, can you please update to Nvidia driver version 446.14 if you haven't already? I've heard many reports where updating to this driver version has resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please supply download link for Mac OS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer Macs have AMD GPUs, richardj42019632.

Which GPU is installed on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, man! That's a very old video card. 

Do you have a 2013 MacBook Pro? Is so, does it have Nvidia GeForce GT 750M?

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you're running into this because the GPU is outdated and doesn't have the tech to support hardware acceleration. I will double-check this with an After Effects engineer for you. That said, your computer is getting old too and actually doesn't qualify the memory requirements to run After Effects smoothly. Which OS are you on?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines