• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: Option key switches to camera tool since update 2020

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update when I hold the option key on any tool I no longer get the alternate function (i.e. zoom out on the zoom tool, open select on pen tool) but a camera tool. This is infuriating and I can't see where to change it back in preferences or keybaord shortcuts, can anyone help?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Update 29 Oct 2020
Fixes for several problems where holding the Option/Alt key incorrectly activated the camera tool are now available in After Effects Beta, build 17.5.1×41 or later. You can test these fixes by installing or updating After Effects Beta via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. There is a bug where the new camera tool behavior engages when you hold the Option/Alt key even when it shouldn't. Until we fix the bug, you can work around this problem by disabling the new Activate Option - Left / Middle / Right Mouse Click For Camera Navigation option in Preferences > 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen grab and additional, related info can be found here -
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/create-composition-markers-not-working-after-update/m-p...

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info! At least now I can get it to work as it did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

So glad I was able to quickly find this answer - immediately was making me go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 29 Oct 2020
Fixes for several problems where holding the Option/Alt key incorrectly activated the camera tool are now available in After Effects Beta, build 17.5.1×41 or later. You can test these fixes by installing or updating After Effects Beta via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This unexpected alt/opt behavior is back with a fresh instal of 22.0.1 (Build 2) on Mac OS 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on Windows 10, latest AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I'm on Windows 10, AE 22.0.1, and I can't get the convert vertex tool to activate AT ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE!  That deactivating the Gizmos camera thing in preferences doesn't work either.  Any ideas on how to fix this time ADOBE!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug is in 23.6.0.  I am trying to use a plugin called Composite Brush which requires holding "Alt" and clicking and dragging in the composition window.  If I happen to have a camera in that composition (deselected and even disabled), when I hold Alt, the camera tool appears and I can't use my plugin properly.  The only way I've found around this it to completely delete the camera from the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines