Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Animate files (.fla) doesn't work into AE 22.6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 🙂

I have a .fla file I want to import into my project in After Effects. Thing is, and old version of that .fla file was succesfully imported in an older version of AE. I had to change the Animate file, and when I try to import this new file, a message error says "adobe animate is required to import a .fla file" which makes no sense at all since of course Animate is part of CC Desktop... I'm suspicious it has to do with the last AE update, but I reckon I might be doing something wrong. Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks!

ps. I tried to replace / reload footage with no success, export the animate file as a video, etc. Not proper solution, I'd need the fla file in the ae in order to make everything work properly

[NOTE: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of After Effects, v23.0, released earlier today. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem even with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Renzo26810023xwgx 

That should not happen. Can you verify your After Effects build number? Here is how you can check that: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-... 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez, 

This is not the case - I have just attempted to import a .fla file into AE 23.0 and received the same message as the original post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez, Looks like It,s not fixed yet. I have the same issue in v23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Asela27364109vg2q and @James27061938b9q7,

Can you share a short video/screen recording exhibiting the issue?

Also, please confirm the build number of both After Effects and Animate.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same probelm at 23.1.0 (build 83)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michał Kuls

Would it be possible for you to share a video recording of this issue?

Can you also confirm the version and build number of Animate?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allready have this issue in latest version (23.0) of after affect. 
please let us know if  you fix the issue in this version too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @VOLTAGEir276443525jhh,

Can you update to version 23.1 and let me know if the issue gets resolved?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I updated to the version you mentioned (23.1) in your comment but i still have this issue، and not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it is broken again. I'm using version 23.2 and I get an error 'Animate is required to import a .fla file' when I have Animate installed. This is a disaster for my work. I use the Animate import all the time and already it was really flaky and only worked half the time. Now you've completely broken it. Thanks. Please fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug appears to be back in the current V23 of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with After Effects 23.1.0 Build 83 and Animate 22.0.8.

(I tried Animate 23.0 but it has several bugs so to continue my professional work i had to downgrade to 22.0.8). My system is MacOS 11.7, iMac Pro.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Christjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this keep happening. I am currently relying on this heavily and it worked last week. I realize this is a bit of an obscure use case but this has been happening off and on for years! Works then breaks. I just spent hours trying to resolve this. It is totally unreliable. I happen to really like the way animate rigs work but this is clearly not a reliable system unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cwegner@Curtis5EEA@VOLTAGEir276443525jhh,

I have reported it to the After Effects team and they are investigating the issue. Would it be possible for any of you to share an .fla file that you're unable to import in After Effects?

Also, which OS are you on?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing an FLA into AE longer possible after last update. I'm using AE v.23.2.0 and Animate v.23.0.1 on macOS MONTERY 12.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for repeat, I meant to to say important FLA into AE no longer possible after last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it is broken again. I'm using version 23.2 and I get an error 'Animate is required to import a .fla file' when I have Animate installed. This is a disaster for my work. I use the Animate import all the time and already it was really flaky and only worked half the time. Now you've completely broken it. Thanks. Please fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, impossible to import .fla file into an after effect project.
I've 23.2.1 for AE and 23.0.1for Animate.
I'll try to install latest version 22, i hope it always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rameez_Khan,

I hope that you're well.

I'm having this same issue too and I'm on 23.2.1 for AE and 23.0.1for Animate. I have tried recreating files, going through the settings turning all my background settings removing all my plugins and extensions and no joy. I'm on MacOS Big Sur 11.7.4.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get error message: "An error occured while importing this file. Please try agin." This is the same error whether I try and import it by going to 'File > Import' or if I try just drag the file in from the Finder window.

benushersmith_0-1677690244982.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Thank you for reporting this.

UPDATE: I have reopened this bug internally, and the After Effects team is investigating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any update from the team? I tutor and my students are struggling with an assingment where they need to bring in their .fla files into AE.... I'm open to a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines