• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Cinema 4d AEC files not working anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to the latest version of After Effects (22.5.0) the C4D Exchange plug-in suddenly stopped working, which means I cannot import aec files into After Effects anymore. I use this feature a lot so it would really nice if this problem can be solved. Has anyone the same issues here? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contact Maxon/ Red Giant. They're the only ones who can fix it and may already be aware of it and have an updated version of the plug-in

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to:

On Windows: C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R23\Exchange Plugins\aftereffects\Importer\Win\CS_CC 

On Mac: Library > Applications > Maxon Cinema 4D R23 > Exchange Plugins > aftereffects > Importer > OSX > CS_CC 

Drag "C4DImporter.aex" to your desktop 

Then navigate to:

On Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2022\Support Files\Plug-ins

On Mac: Library > Applications > Adobe > Adobe After Effects 2022 > Support Files > Plug-ins

Drag C4DImporter.aex into that folder. Relaunch AE and your good to go.

I assume you've already done this, if it worked for you originally, but it may have reverted that setting in the update. If C4DImporter.aex is not in your Cinema 4D Exchange Plugins folder, you may have already dragged it into one of your previous version's plugins folder. Get it from there and put it in 22.5's plugins folder.

Hope this makes sense!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for thinking along! The plugin file is in the right AE Plug-ins folder, but not working.
I'll try to contact Maxon to check if they are familiar with this issue already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You check the updater throught Maxon app. You can download it from the link below.

https://www.maxon.net/downloads/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response from Maxon:

"The C4DImporter plugin unfortunately does not currently support M1 based Macs.  
Support for this should be added in the next update, however for now your best bet is to load your C4D file into AE using Cineware; from there you can extract your cameras and lights from the C4D file instead."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just upgrade computers?? Why would it work for 22.4 but not 22.5..

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.4 is still on Rosetta, 22.5 fully supports M1, so that seems to be the crux... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (July 20th, 2022), but solved with the Maxon update for version R26. Now seems it supports M1 based Macs.
I just deleted the older plugin on After Effects folder, pasted the new one, and restarted After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here but on a PC running Windows 10. Does the new update not support new PC's either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I finally got it working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! May I ask how did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there could you explain what you did for pc? Are they the same for Mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Had the same problem. Followed your steps but with C4D 2023 and its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines