Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update makes it to hard to select shape path verts

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stuck in 24.0.2

now when I click on a path in a shape it does it's normal select all vert but when you click on a single vert it doesn't deselect the other verts. Then if you go to drag select from off the shape it carries the whole shape moves. The work around is to randomly try clicking on and off the path and trying to drag select. The old way was to just select the path then drag select to grab the vert. 

Win 10 64, ryzen 9 or M1 max

rtx 4090

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Hey @JohnColombo 

I cleared out my profile and cache drive and now I can't reproduce it. 
I think if people have this issue, clearing the profile might be the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Hi @adamt18510785,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I do not see the behavior you've described in 24.0.2—using the Selector tool, selecting a point on the Shape path only selects the single vertex.

Would you be able to screen-record an example of what you're seeing? Please record the full workspace so the toolbar and open panels are visible. A comparison to the previous version's behavior would be helpful as well.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adamt18510785,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I do not see the behavior you've described in 24.0.2—using the Selector tool, selecting a point on the Shape path only selects the single vertex.

Would you be able to screen-record an example of what you're seeing? Please record the full workspace so the toolbar and open panels are visible. A comparison to the previous version's behavior would be helpful as well.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @JohnColombo 

I cleared out my profile and cache drive and now I can't reproduce it. 
I think if people have this issue, clearing the profile might be the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines