• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Blur On Time Remapped Pass Through Comp Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there are a few posts that deal Motion Blur and Time Remap but I don't think they clearly describe what's happening here.  I don't remember this happening in any previous releases.

Motion Blur is only working in specific instances with Time Remapped Comps:

1.When the comp is not set to pass through. 

2. Trickier to describe...When a comp is set to pass through and and time remap is holding the comp on 1 frame for an extended period of time (with Freeze Frame or otherwise.  As soon as the remap begins cycling the comp through some frames, the motion blur kicks in.

Has anyone else experienced this??  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

When you say pass through do you mean Collapse Transformations?

I think you have found a bug. Collapse transformations kills motion blur even if you do not apply Time Remapping to the nested layer.

CC 2018:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 12.49.41 PM.png

CC 2015.3:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.08.27 PM.png

CC 2017:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.14.56 PM.png

That is the latest 3 versions I have on my machine (2017 MBPro 15 OSX 10.13.1). Motion blur is only passed through on CC 2015.3

I'm off to file a bug report..

Edit: Must have something to do with GPU acceleration because now it's working in CC 2018... Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, I'm using CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's Motion Blur only works if a layer in the current comp is actually moving.

In the case of a nested comp, it isn't moving.  So no motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.When the comp is not set to pass through.

if you set it to pass through, make sure MB in the precomp is turned on for the layers you want to render with MB. if that's not the case show us your setup

2. Trickier to describe...When a comp is set to pass through and and time remap is holding the comp on 1 frame for an extended period of time (with Freeze Frame or otherwise.  As soon as the remap begins cycling the comp through some frames, the motion blur kicks in.

not sure what you mean. made a layer with MB, precomped it, used TR, MB is working as expected. show us and tell us more about your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not explaining myself well.  The layer in the precomp has motion blur turned on and the animation is not in the nested comp.  If the precomp was NOT set to pass through it WOULD work.

Look at the difference between the the two images below.  The same positional data in both but with the second I slid the time remap so it happens during the move and not after it.  In other words the time remap is paused in the first image and playing over the position animation in the second comp.  The only difference between the two images is where the time remap is set.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. when you time freeze a collapsed precomp, it does not respect the layer's MB. this is probably a bug. I see this happens in CC2017 as well and I am guessing in every version of the software. I would report it, and workaround it by using CC Force MB on the layer or other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.  For some reason I don't remember it happening in previous versions.  Already have a work around going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say pass through do you mean Collapse Transformations?

I think you have found a bug. Collapse transformations kills motion blur even if you do not apply Time Remapping to the nested layer.

CC 2018:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 12.49.41 PM.png

CC 2015.3:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.08.27 PM.png

CC 2017:

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.14.56 PM.png

That is the latest 3 versions I have on my machine (2017 MBPro 15 OSX 10.13.1). Motion blur is only passed through on CC 2015.3

I'm off to file a bug report..

Edit: Must have something to do with GPU acceleration because now it's working in CC 2018... Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant collapse transformation. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 on the end soon, Version 17.5.1 still have this bug 😞
"FreezeFrame" for a nested composition with switch "continuous raster on", still disabling a Motion Blur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines