• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics Template Import Error...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a motion graphics template in After Effects, and every time I try to use it in my timeline in Premiere Pro, I get this error:

"This Motion Graphics template was created in After Effects. To use this template in Premiere Pro, please install After Effects (trial or license) and retry.

Learn more: adobe.com/go/mgt"

As I've said, though, I made the template in After Effects (I already have it installed). Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details:

Windows 10. I have the latest versions of PP and AE installed. 

I can use all of the templates that came with the Essential Graphics tab, including the AE ones. I can even make my own templates, in AE, and they work in PP (I created a solid, and dragged the Opacity option into the Graphics tab. Exported it. Opened it in Premiere and it worked.)

However, with a specific AE project that I'm working on, as I'm importing the Graphic into PP, it gets stuck at 15%, and says I need to install AE. Keep in mind this was an old AE project file that had to be converted when I downloaded CC 2017 (not sure if that could be the issue).

Any suggestions would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version numbers of Premiere Pro and AE do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere pro 11.1.1

after effects 14.2.0.198

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well darn, that should be working.

I wonder if something is blocking the network connection between the two. I'd look into your firewall settings (or turning it off completely) to see if that's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this error, too.

Dropping an AE motion graphics template into Premiere pauses at exactly 15%, and gives the same error prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NickEh,

Did you solve this issue or still having trouble? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the issue. I have turned the firewall off but still no joy. The default templates work ok, but templates I create myself don't:

2017-08-28 11_33_59-Control Panel_System and Security_Windows Firewall.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird.  Is it possible you did not install both applications at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they were installed when I first set the machine up.

So currently I have no way of using text templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HiKevin-Monahan​

No this item still has not been resolved. I am new to this forum and am having exactly the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah this is really annoying I just bought two different motion graphics that I can't use because of this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon more research looks like this is a known problem and they are asking us to upvote this as a bug. BUG REPORT: CC2019 Dynamic Link to AE broken – Adobe video & audio apps

Don't know why we have to do this when multiple people have said it is a bug. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still needs to be addressed. I have now spent $40 for motion graphics templates that don't work even though I have the current updates to both After Effects and Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the following and it seemed to fix things:

1) delete media cache in Premiere

2) Purge cache in after Effects

3) Log out of Creative cloud

4) Restart PC

5) Re-export Mogrt from AE

That seemed to work - I basically did all the things that help in most situations!

Ultan 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same problem, new PC, newly installed applications

PR 11.1.2 (22)

AE 14.2.1.34

Help please 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem here to. Been using templates for a while, but today all of my own templates get the error '...this motion graphic was created in after effects to use this template in premier pro please install after effects (trial or license) and retry...' at 15% of loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking in more detail and all the links to templates on the timeline have broken and I've had to relink. This is a worrying bug all of a sudden!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here after fresh installation of premiere(12.0.0) and after effects (15.0.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to use Essential Graphics templates created in AE

the solution in this forum thread works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SamiStudios

yes i found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SamiStudios

yes i found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines