• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My preview doesn't stop playing

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to animate a little something but whenever I press space or 0 to preview it, it won't stop, it takes a really long time IF it does. I never had this issue before I updated to CC2020, it can't be a media cache or a RAM issue, cause I literally only have like 5 layers of text;; It just keeps looping over and over. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Sorry, forgot to add that I'm using AFTER EFFECTS CC2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed in the most recent release of AE - version 17.1.2 -

More info here –

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 17.1.2 (Build 37) and I still have that bug.

Here is my setup if that can help;

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 

Processor 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's crazy how you Adobe guys dare write on the forum that bugs have been fixed when they just haven't.
I admire you boldness!

It makes me think, sorry to ask, but : can you fix it (for real) at some point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the preview options in the Preview panel. Just switch off the looping option in the Preview panel to stop your preview looping constantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I did put the Loop option to play once, but when it comes to the end it continues to loop the video, but it mutes the audio. I just want the playback (both video and audio) to stop completely. I'm on the latest build as of today.

Minjar_1-1675097001571.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this too, massively annoying. It's such a flow-killer! I know you can turn off loopnig, but often looping is the best way to tweak an animation... but the point is, looping or not the program becomes almost unresponsive during the playing, so that pressing spacebar or esc or anything doesn't stop it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the problem too, suddenly appeared and very annoying. usually I pressed space bar to start/stop the preview. Now the  preview starts and the program is unresponsive, I have to kill ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, did you find a solution? I can stop the preview by clicking in timeline and wait a moment.
Edit: For me it happens with hirgh frameratse (60fps+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started doing this today! Restarted the machine a few times. So annoying. Can't get anything done. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens to me too, and it's most frustrating! Especially if you don't save the project in time and you have to kill the program and restart. Until this is solved, I'm back to using Version 16.1.3 which has never given me any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having the same problem since the last update. Sometimes it happens even with the simplest of scenes. It just keeps playing and playing and won't stop until I force quit the app. Anyone have any insight into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Started working on it this morning since the new update and can't stop the play with space bar and after effects stops responding. Help Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, i'm going back to 16.1.3 as well. It's was supposed to be fixed on 17.1.2 but it's not for me unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back here. Please file a Bug Report.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks, I installed 16.1.3 and the playback is 1000x smoother. Still some zombie looping going on, but I found if I right-click > New > Solid and THEN hit the space bar, the playhead stops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this as well.  In fact, it's going right now.  Can't get it to stop.  I'm hoping if I leave it alone long enough it will stop on its own.  Then I can save and restart.  I'm using AE 17.0.5.  There is an update available, but I don't like updating in the middle of projects.  This might be worth ignoring that advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buse,

I believe this is a bug and the team is working on a fix. Here's a bug you can upvote: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/39838078-preview-is-stuck-...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue in Paris my friends ! Please Adobe, fix it fast, it costs already a lot paying for the software, don't want to loose a client because of a technical issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! latest AE. Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Almost making AE Unuseable. VERY FRUSTRATING. Once the project plays framerate jumps to 8 fps or less and the timeline will not stop playing no matter what. This is on any project no matter what. I have a 14-core i9 7940X, 128gb ram, and a geforce 1080 ti. This is INSANE and needs to be fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across another forum post in my searching, and it looks like it's the Nvidia driver that's causing the issue.  I'm using the Studio drivers, and I was on version 442.92.  I rolled it back, and I'm on 442.19, and I haven't had the problem again.  I'll probably wait until a few more versions away from 442.92 before I update it again.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines