• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio if switching between applications

Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is an existing issue or if it's not an Adobe issue and is an Windows problem, but since upgrading to 24.3 I've noticed an intermittent audio problem.  When I'm in After Effects or Audition and switch windows to my browser or other application which plays audio, on return I lose all audio playback in the Adobe software.  It also happens if the monitor is powered off, then turned back on.  So far the only solution is to unplug my 3.5mm audio jack and plug it back in.  Restarting AE also works sometimes.

I'm on Windows 11 (build 22635.3566)

I have a Realtek card and an LG monitor with Nvidia High Def audio

Before this issue I could switch windows, watch part of a video on YouTube, switch back etc...

Now when it happens I cannot preview either with audio or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShiveringCactus,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you help us with your setup so that we can try to replicate the issue on our end? Are you plugging the 3.5 mm jack to your laptop/desktop or to the monitor? Have you tried with a different audio hardware to see if it happens with a specific device?

Let us know. Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu,

I've tried both and more recently it's been plugged into the monitor.  The monitor has built-in speakers and I've had the experience with headphones and those speakers.  That's the only hardware options I have.  

It is intermittent, I've not noticed an issue in the last week (and it may not be Adobe related) so I'm struggling to create difinitive replication steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines