Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Type and any other font handling features missing

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AE guys

I am using the latest AE and I cant find the open type feature button in the text window. Do you know where I can find it?

If this feature (like we know from Illustrator, InDesign) does not exist, I request the AE development team to solve more solutions with the whole font handling.

• Even with missing font

• Font search and replace

• Glyphs window

Or do I have the wrong workflow? Normally I set up all the text (headlines in my case) native in AE.

Thanks for your recommendations and replies

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

AE hasn't any of these features. Never had and whether any of this will ever appear, is another question. It's much requested, but there are specific things to consider since animated type can behave in a million ways differently from static type...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE hasn't any of these features. Never had and whether any of this will ever appear, is another question. It's much requested, but there are specific things to consider since animated type can behave in a million ways differently from static type...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium : What of kind specific things do you mean?

I dont think "Font search and replace" will disturb an animated type as long as the replaced font has the same glyphs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ligatures, other contextual substitutions and a few other things. This has nothing to do with a glyph-palette, these are native OpenType features that need to be adressed interanlly e.g. when using text animators.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If things like ligatures need to be considered, then go on, “consider” them, and get on with the program! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I've noticed that if I adjust the text in illustrator and copy and paste it into AE, it retains the formatting (like alternate Opentype characters, for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the real solution. Guaranteed working. No doubt about it.
However for those don't have Illustrator, this font feature surely deep down buried untouched and unused in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing solution.. 🥹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines