• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to add a text layer to my composition it Is super pixelated and looks terrible!!

What can I do to fix this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

If you are on a windows machine do this:

1. Make sure the magnification ratio of the composition panel is set to 100%
  2. Make sure Comp Resolution is set to AUTO
  3. Select the text layer that is giving you problems and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties
  4. Make sure that the character panel is active and shows the properties of the text layer
  5. Make sure your composition is selected in the Project Panel so we can see the settings
  6. PrintScreen
  7. Return to the forum and paste (Ctrl + V) to show us yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I did to resolve the issue was to set my comp settings to UHD 4K 29.97fps. My text was heavily pixelated. I followed all the steps but to no avail. Anyway, if this method helps you all its good. Im open to other suggestions. 

Perhaps creating in Illustrator then importing to AE ?  This image below is set at HDTV 1080p 29.97 fps.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing of that worked for me. And those endless explanations are useless.

Here is what you need to do:

- Check the box of Render at maximum render quality
- Check the box of Use maximum render quality

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 11.46.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to find that settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't help if your text is set to draft mode. It especially won't help if your After Effects comp is dynamically linked in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old thread I know but I would like to add one more 'Gotcha' to look out for with pixilated layers. This had my head engaged for a few more mins than I was happy with, but once I clocked what was happening, it was fairly obvious. I received a file from elsewhere that needed modification to logos and text. The first thing that stuck out was how soft the raster logos were rendering and likewise for the text. Checked the continuous raster switch.... all good. It took me a moment, but the previous person had put a transform animation on an adjustment layer and used that to scale text and logos up by 300%. Why they didn't use a null is beyond me but once found, I rebuilt the animation with nulls, and all was fine. It did cause me to mutter under my breath somewhat, and I wished I had seen it sooner. So yeah..... keep an eye out for such things if receiving files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, if anyone has the same problem as me, could not figure out what the problem was. 

Changed the Bit depth from 32 to 16 and it fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines