• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem saving MORGT files on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an motion graphics template that I have edited in After Effects. When I try to "Export Motion Graphics Template," After Effects won't allow me to save as a new .MOGRT. The only Save As options I am given are Adoe After Effects Project and Adoe After Effects Templates Project, neither of which I can import into Adobe Premiere where my final project is housed. No compatibility window or destinations folder appears like in the Workflows videos and tutorials Adobe has online. 

How can I save an edited motions graphics template (.MOGRT) from After Effects as a new .MOGRT, when the Save As option for .MOGRT isn't available on Windows?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To save a MOGRT you should select the main composition where you create all your MOGRT parameters then go to the essential graphics widow and export the MOGRT 

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 8.17.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, @OussK. I have been selecting the "Comp" I want to save before clicking Export Motion Graphics Template.

See the image below. The only options I can Save As (with the "Comp" selected) are Adobe After Effects Project and Adobe After Effects Templates Project

Screenshot (1).png 

I should also mention that before I can edit it in After Effects, I am prompted to "Extract" the .MORGT file, and the file is converted to the latest version of AE (pop up also says "The origingal file will be unchanged). Could one of those steps be affecting how it can be saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @OussK pointed out, you can only export .mogrts from the Essential Graphics Panel, using the Export Motion Graphics Template button at the lower right of that panel. The only file type available when doing this will be a Motion Graphics Template. 

Screenshot 2022-01-05 144315.jpg

Your screenshot above implies you're still using File > Save As.

Can you confirm which you're doing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're making edits to an existing .mogrt, the extraction is expected. .Mogrt is essentially a fancy .zip file, so it needs to be extracted to allow you access to the AE project file stored inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for chiming in, @Kyle Hamrick.

I can confirm that I am clicking the Export Motion Graphics Template button in the Essential Graphics panel, not doing as Save As in the File menu. When I click the Export Motion Graphics Template button, the Save As window pops up on my Windows computer. I do not have the Save as type option: Motion Graphics Template as you do in the image you provided. 

However,  I found where I went wrong! I assumed I was stuck after AE would't ask me to save directly as an .MOGRT. Once I saved it as an Adobe After Effects Project, then opened that file again, I was able to Export As Motion Graphics Template. What a relief!

Thanks to both you and @OussK for taking the time to respond to my post. If I hadn't walked through where I was going wrong on this forum, I don't know if I would have figured it out.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, that makes sense. It's actually AE prompting you to save the file BEFORE it will allow you to export a .mogrt! 🙂 

Glad you were able to figure it out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found the solution. Thanks for updating the thread.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Best,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines