"Unable to obtain dynamic link server connections" 3d camera tracker

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 5.30.58 PM.png

Running AE 2017.2 (14.2.1.34)

When adding the camera tracker to footage it seems to be analyzing the footage for a few minutes then stops and returns the following error: Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 5.39.40 PM.png

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling using the cleaner tool, browsed countless forum's and still can't seem to get it working. It just randomly stopped working one day. Any ideas?

Thanks

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem! And I tried everything mentioned above. Today I even downloaded latest update for AE CC 2019, but still no luck and I got the same error message. So, I had to download earlier version AE CC 2018 where stabilizing and camera tracking are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to innstall an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
Go into adobe creative cloud and scroll down to the app you want to downgrade to. On the right or the left side, there should be an arrow that you can click. Older options should then show up. Hope this helps. That's the only workaround that actually works for me, to use the 2018 version...

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I had the same problem , I was working in the trapcode Tao and when I try to track some footage the propleme happened (unable to Obtain dynamiclink server link connection)

simply I closed the project and creat a new project then do the tracking only in the project and its worked for me and for a friend 

try to not use any 3d plugins or effects in the same project and may be it will works for you as me

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hace the same problem. It only appears when using Trapcode Tao. Did you find any solution! Cant start a new project for every shot I have to track haha thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem fixed via tech support. Both versions of Pr and Ae need to be the same (I'm not sure exactly why). I installed Pr 14.0 and Ae 17.0 and it works fine now. 

From support:"PR 14 and AE 17 are both CC 2020 versions but .0.1 OR .0.2 versions have to be the same"

So in theory, you could also have PR 14.0.1 and AE 17.0.1 and that should work as well. 

Lastly, I was told the dynamic link would not work with the trial version of AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CamTrackError_UnableDynamic_snap.png

Just disovered I'm unable to use Warp Stabilizer and 3D Camera Tracker, getting same error as above under latest CC20 builds on a Mac Pro (2013 ver trashcan) under Catalina 10.15.4.  I just checked my AE ver (17.0.6) and Premiere Pro ver (14.1) are indeed different, but CC Manager shows everything up-to-date.  What's the solve to get things aligned and working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines