• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace with after effects composition -not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Premier pro 2019 and After effects 2019. when i right click on a video track on the timeline in Premier pro, I move my mouse to the (replace with after effects composition) I'ts grayed out. Then I go to File in premier pro and move my mouse to the (dynamic link) and It's grayed out too. Could someone please help asap. thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Hey folks – we created a visual walkthrough of this process to better explain the issue and how to fix it! Hope this helps.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoom,

Can you verify the exact versions/build numbers of Premiere Pro and After Effects?   

https://community.adobe.com/t5/After-Effects/FAQ-How-to-find-the-exact-version-of-After-Effects-you-...

Dynamic-link works with compatible versions of both apps. 

Let us know.

Rameez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have installed After Effect in order to use these options and as RameezKhan tells, you need the exact same versions of Premiere Pro an AE (ie, CC2019 OR CC2020 for both apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot guys, it just happed to be that I hadn’t updated my premier pro to the 2020 version. It’s working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks – we created a visual walkthrough of this process to better explain the issue and how to fix it! Hope this helps.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both premiere pro and after effects say up to date. So how do I fix the incompatibility when Premiere is version 15.2 and After effects is version 18.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been able to get this dynamic link to work!!  So frustrating!  I could REALLY use it though...  I have the latest versions of both products which are different version numbers.  I can't find versions of each that are the same number, so can't try what your video suggests.  I also have done what someone else suggested which is to select "run as administrator" in both products - that's not working either. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 22.03.2021 - Version of Premiere Pro is 15.0, and the version of after effects is version 18.01. And I can locate the same versions. Can anyone please help me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both after effects and premier are updated and they are still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't get this to work. Both After Effects and Premiere are fully up to date. 

Premiere Pro 15.4.1

After Effects 18.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI THERE,

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES. AFTER WEEKS OF NOT NEEDING AE, I UPDATED IT AND STARTED TO WORK AGAIN. I WANTED TO REPLACE A CLIP WITH AFTER EFFECTS WHICH IN THE PAST WAS JUST A RIGHT CLICK. ITS GREYED OUT AND EVEN AFTER FIXING THAT IT STILL SAYS I NEED TO INSTALL AE 2021. IM RUNNING THE NEWEST UPDATE . HOW IS THAT POSSBILE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines