Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Similar effect - Atomic Particle

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently switched from using HitFilm Pro to using After Effects for my motion graphic work. I used to use the Atomic Particle effect in HFP to "particle-ize" text to be used as an exit transition. However, is there a similar effect in AE for me to use? I know of the effects in AE like CC Particle Systems II, CC Particle World, or CC Scatterize, but I'm not finding the same functionality in any of these effects. Is there something that I am missing in AE? Is there a better plug-in for AE that deals with particle systems? I know of Trapcode's Particular, but that is way out of our budget. I have included a screenshot of the Atomic Particle effect below and a video to demonstrate the effect.

Thank you so much!

Ryan Thompson.

2018-08-23_09h01_08.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Particle Playground, though honestly at least for the particle part you traded "okay-ish" for "downright awful". It's one of the areas where AE simply isn't competitive out of the box. Keep saving up those pennies for the trapcode plug-ins or Stardust...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Particle Playground, though honestly at least for the particle part you traded "okay-ish" for "downright awful". It's one of the areas where AE simply isn't competitive out of the box. Keep saving up those pennies for the trapcode plug-ins or Stardust...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium ,

I think I have had to learn about AE's particle simulation problem the hard way. If you had to choose, which plugin do you prefer? I guess it plugins are the only realistic way to go, I would appreciate some advice on which to invest in.

OR, do you have a suggestion to somehow make a system in HFP then easily transfer it to AE? That might work as I am somewhat familiar with with the Atomic Particle effect.

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR, do you have a suggestion to somehow make a system in HFP then easily transfer it to AE?

Other than rendering a clip or image sequence there is no such thing.

I think I have had to learn about AE's particle simulation problem the hard way. If you had to choose, which plugin do you prefer? I guess it plugins are the only realistic way to go, I would appreciate some advice on which to invest in.

Doesn't really matter, though one should consider that the Trapcode stuff is 15 years old, after all, and every change they make causes a lot of hoopla and compatibility issues. Stardust is simply more modern and conceptually more in line with what people would expect from a particle system these days, bvut it's naturally more complex and not as intuitive to learn as Particular with its gigazillions of presets.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thank you for your pointers. I'll see if either one is worth investing in based on how much I use particle systems in the near future.

Ryan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines